Chapter 11

Jay's P.O.V.

"Jay wake up! It's Christmas! Come on get up!" I was awoken to Kim, at my side,  shaking me. I use my arm to pull her closer to me. Both of us are laughing now. It was nice being able to have these moments
"Come on a couple more minutes. Why can't we just stay here for awhile?" She looked up at me from where her head was on my chest.
"Zoe, Nicole, and Will are going to be here at 2, and I want to give you my present." She got out of bed to go to where I assume she had my Christmas gift. She comes back in with a medium sized box. I sit up as she sits next to me on my side of the bed.
"I had a little help from Al and Will so if you don't like it, blame Will." She sends me a quick smirk before handing the box over.
"Don't worry I'm sure I'll love it" I started to unwrap it to find a Sniper VT 4-16X40 MFPSA Rifle. It was a scope that I have had my eye on for a while. I had only talked to Al about it, but what really caught my eye was the engraving at the end of the Windage Bell, Aurora, my mother's name. That must have been where Will came in. I meet her eyes, and pull her into a hug.
"Kim I...I love it. Thank you." I pull her into a kiss, which may or may not have turned into a small make out session, and then go to start breakfast. I finished breakfast before her so I got up to go get one of the gifts for her. When I get back I place the box in front of her while she looks at me confused.
"This isn't really your Christmas present, you're going to get that later, but I feel like this is long overdue." It was a simple engagement ring, but I had engraved the words I said to her when she told me about her father. She opens the box and gasps. I gently take the ring out of the box and slide it onto her left ring finger.
"Jay I love it. Thank you"

"You can keep it on the chain that you have your wedding ring on so that you can keep with you when you're at work

"You can keep it on the chain that you have your wedding ring on so that you can keep with you when you're at work. That reminds me I also got us these for when we are at work." I pull out two silicone rings. Mine was black, and hers was white.

We spent the rest of the time before Will, Zoe, and Nicole are supposed to arrive in the kitchen cooking

We spent the rest of the time before Will, Zoe, and Nicole are supposed to arrive in the kitchen cooking. The only thing I had to worry about was to make sure Kim didn't go into the closet, because then she would definitely know her Christmas present, and make sure she didn't see my phone. I had been texting with Will, who was bringing her present, so I had to make sure she didn't see any of that.
It had just hit two when there was a pounding on the door. Kim went to go get it which allowed me to see that Will was going to be here in 15 minutes. Zoe came bursting in the door.
"Merry Christmas Aunt Kim and Uncle Jay!" She gives Kim a hug before coming over to give me one. While, Kim went to go help Nicole bring in the presents that Zoe picked out.
"When is Will getting here Uncle Jay? I can't wait to see Aunt Kim's reaction!" I place my hands on her shoulders to try and keep her from bouncing off the wall.
"He should be here in 15 minutes, and is going to text me when he is coming up, so you just have to wait until then ok. You remember your part?" She gave me a nod while Kim and Nicole came over to us.
15 minutes went by fast, and before I knew it I got the text that Will was here. I give Zoe the signal for her to do her part. She walks towards the bathroom, and a minute later calls for Kim's help. Right as Kim leaves Will knocks at the door so I go to let him in. I take the leash from him that the collar of Kim's Christmas present was attached to. I look down at the dog that both me and Zoe had fallen in love with. He was a Rottweiler-German Shepard mix, and was in the K9 training program, but wasn't the best listener when it came to listening to strangers so he couldn't go into fieldwork.
"Hey man thanks for this. Did he give you any probably?"
"No problem at all." Just then Zoe comes running into the living room, probably wanting to see the animal that she declared her best friend, and Kim following after her.
"Hey Will, Merry Christmas..." she stopped walking towards us when she saw the dog that Zoe was kneeled down by. Kim got down to Zoe, and started to pet him. I bent down to also pet him, and she looked up at me.
"Jay who is this?" Her eyes started to tear up slightly while looking at me.
"Kim this is Rogue he's finished the K9 training program, but didn't listen well enough to be able to go into the field with a handler. Zoe and I went to pick him out. He's your Christmas present from me." 

I was basically attacked by a bear hug that came with a massive kiss

I was basically attacked by a bear hug that came with a massive kiss. When she pulled away she was full of smiles.
"You got me a dog."
"Yep and because of his K9 training Hank said we can bring him to work."
It was now later that night, and everyone had left. After we cleaned up and got Rogue's stuff out of the closet we got ready for bed. Kim in one of my sweatshirts which has become the normal, and me in sweats. Rogue had passed out on the couch a little while ago so it was just us. She was curled into my side with my arms around, but then she started a kiss which definitely turned into a make out session. When she pulled away it was only inches away from my face.
"You know what?" She started to pepper my entire face, except my lips, with small kisses.
"What?"
"Going to Vegas was the best decision I ever made." She stopped her attacks on my face to be able to look me in the eye. I put my hand on her cheek before giving her an answer, that I didn't know at the time, would determine that tonight we would take another step in our relationship.
"Me too, Kim. I love you with everything I have."