Chapter 9

Adam's P.O.V.
I honestly didn't know how I felt. I mean Kim and I haven't been together for a couple of years, but now all of the sudden she was married to Jay. Maybe I just always thought that there was a chance that we would get back together. That thought sort of started to fade with this thing with Hailey, and I guess now that Kim has Jay. I was at my apartment, and was just sitting on my couch just thinking. That was until a knock was heard at my door. I got up, and looked through the peephole only to see Hailey. I open the door, and she walks straight in.
"Are you ok?" We both go to the couch to sit down.
"I think so. I just maybe wanted them to tell me, but I can't really blame them for how we all found out. I wouldn't have cared either." She puts her hand on my shoulder.
"I think that they were just trying to figure everything out without everyone knowing. I'm sure that they didn't want everyone to find out that way. You can't really control when you get shot." Boy did we know that. I guess she was probably right.
"Do you want me to get you a beer or something?"

A week later
Today was the first day that Jay and Kim would be back at work. Kim had taken a week off for when Jay was healing. I was planning on talking to them. To apologize to both of them for how I acted in the hospital. The more I thought of it the more I realized that Kim and I weren't good together. I was reckless, and hurt her more than I realized. The gate doors opened, and everyone turned towards it hoping that it was Kim and Jay this time, and not Platt. She got mad at us when we all sort of let out some disappointment when we saw her. Finally, it was them. I meet Jay's eyes almost immediately when they enter the bull pen. After years of knowing him I could tell that he was asking if we were cool. I nodded towards him, but also looked towards the break room. My best friend got the message, and whispered something to Kim before following me towards the break room. Once he closes the door I turn around, and almost immediately start talking.
"I'm sorry about how I reacted. I was just shocked, and it had nothing to do with you too." Jay smiled slightly.
"It's fine Adam. If something like that happened to me I probably would've been in shock too. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that you found out the way that you did. We wanted to tell you eventually after we figured out our relationship, and got more comfortable with it."
"That's almost exactly what Hailey said." He raised an eyebrow matched with his normal Jay Halstead smirk.
"So you and Hailey." I shook my head slightly while we both laughed.
"Don't even start." Before either of us could say anything else Kim knocked on the door.
"Hey Voight wants us in the bullpen. We just got a new case." I was the first one out of there, not before sending a smile her way, but I stopped a little bit out the door when I heard Kim say,
"Is everything ok with you two?" You could hear in her voice that she was concerned. I heard Jay turn slightly, and then felt eyes at the back of my head.
"Yeah it is. Now come on let's close this case so that we can still go to the Thunderhawks game tomorrow night."

Disclaimer: This might be the last chapter for this story. I have an idea to bringKim's father into the plot. Let me know what you guys think.