2001

SUNDAY 18th of MARCH, 2001

"Hermione, no– you-you're just taking loads of pictures, now."

"It's not my fault!"

"Look, let me just do it–"

Harry had taken over from behind the camera, replacing a grumpy Hermione, who had reluctantly stepped to one side now. She peered over his shoulder, trying to understand exactly where she went wrong, while Harry told her off for hovering, which led to a whole other argument.

"Shouldn't you be with Ron?" Hermione muttered, glancing down at herself as she began to smooth out her dress.

It was a deep emerald colour, similar to the ones that they had seen Aurelia, Lily Potter and Marlene McKinnon wear in Ophelia and Sirius' wedding photos. It reached the floor, cascading effortlessly over Hermione's figure, as well as Lorelai, Ginny and Aurelia's, though each of their dresses had a slight difference. They were beautiful dresses, having been picked out by Hermione early last year, and Gene certainly approved.

"Shouldn't you be with Gene?" Harry countered.

They both shared a look of realisation before nodding at one another, instantly walking to separate ends of the cottage. Harry made his way to the very bottom of the garden, the path lined with small lanterns that led to the large arch in the very middle, draped with a soft fabric and fairy lights.

Ron stood beneath it, hands interlocked over his front, his skin paler than Harry had ever seen it. He wore a fitted black suit, complete with a white shirt and black tie and a few sprigs of lavender tucked into his breast pocket.

"Are you alright, Ron?" Harry asked warily, "You look like you're gonna be sick."

Ron glared at him, swallowing the lump in his throat as he began to tap his foot against the ground rhythmically, glancing around the garden as guests were taking their seats.

"I can't breathe, Harry." he said, wincing. "I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm at Quidditch tryouts again." Harry laughed at this.

"Bit more important than Quidditch tryouts, mate." he said pointedly, which earned him another glare from his best friend. "Relax. You're gonna be fine. What are you so worried about?"

At once, an entire row of chairs at the very back were instantly tipped over, falling and knocking against the next like a giant game of dominos. The small crowd of guests that had already taken their seats gasped, with some laughing and cooing at the culprits.

"Bloody hell." Ron murmured, making his way down the path to find them.

"Don't worry!" Lorelai winced, waving at Ron to assure him all was well. "I've got them!" she said.

"You're gonna be fine." Harry said again, clapping Ron on the back with a wink before making his way over to Lorelai. He checked his wristwatch once again. "Ready?" he asked her.

"Ready." she nodded.

She pressed a kiss to Draco's cheek as he went to take his seat near the front, sat beside Finn, watching as Lorelai rushed back into the cottage. She quickly dashed upstairs, knocking on the first door to the left, only to be met with silence, to her confusion.

Lorelai opened the door, revealing perhaps the most beautiful sight that she had seen in a long time. That, and three grown women crying around her. The only problem was that Lorelai quickly joined them, her eyes brimming with tears as she stepped further into the room, all four of them rendered utterly speechless.