2007-2008

TUESDAY 25th of DECEMBER, 2007

"The kids are down."

Ron had just entered their room, shutting the door with care behind him, making sure it clicked, before making his way toward Gene. She was already lying in bed, a book in one hand with a glass of wine in the other, as she looked up at Ron with a smile.

He began to remove his food-stained Christmas themed shirt that Ophelia had soiled, very much on purpose. Gene smiled at the sight, before quickly averting her gaze in case he had noticed.

"Thank you, my love." she murmured, taking a sip of her wine before placing it on their bedside table.

She then swapped the hand that held her book out for the other, as she went to reach for Ron as he climbed into bed beside her. He took her hand, lifting it to his lips as he pressed one kiss after the other against the back of it, slowly trailing up her forearm, to her bicep, then her shoulder.

Gene began to laugh softly, realising exactly where he had planned for this to go.

"What are you doing?" she asked, moving the hand that held her book out of the way.

He worked his way up her throat, and Gene had no choice but to tip her head to the side, giving him more access. She gave a low hum in approval, before his lips trailed across her jawline, finally meeting hers in a soft kiss.

"I have to finish my book." Gene said firmly as she pulled away, taking his face between her hands, though she still smiled.

"Where's your Christmas spirit, eh?" Ron asked, leaning in again, and she laughed in the middle of it, causing him to smile just the same, leaving a kiss at the tip of her nose. "Just–"

"– one more?" Gene finished his sentence for him knowingly. "I've heard that one before." she narrowed her eyes at Ron.

"Look how great it turned out for us, though." Ron pulled away, his eyes filled with longing as he pressed a kiss to the corner of her lips, while Gene only rolled her eyes. "I've been good this year, love."

Ron murmured against her neck, his voice low and raspy, sending involuntary chills down her spine. His hand went to gently pull the book from her hand, going to place it on the table blindly, to her mild amusement.

"I'd say you're biased." Gene whispered, her hands going to the nape of his neck, her eyes shutting in bliss as his hands went to her waist, gripping tightly.

"Am I biased?" his teeth grazed her skin, just below her ear, "Or am I just being fair?"

Gene gave a short laugh, though it had been quickly cut off as she felt his cool breath fan over the love-bite he had just left her, marking her skin and she relished in it.

"Fair?" she asked, planting a rushed kiss to his lips, "Is that what this is?" she muttered, failing to feign annoyance any longer.

"Too fair, too true, too holy, to be corrupted with my worthless gifts." he murmured, and she could feel Ron smiling against her stomach as he began to work his way back up.

Gene grasped his face between her hands as they met in a quick kiss– once, twice, three times over, until she finally processed his words, pulling away for a moment to stare at him in disbelief.