Hogsmeade

'Butterbeer? You've never had a butterbeer?' Peter shouted. We were walking through Hogsmeade when Mary suggested we get some butterbeer. Of course, I had to ask what it was. It was February 15th and the weather was definitely warmer but still not warm enough. Remus was kind enough to lend me one of his knitted sweaters and I wore them over my denim overalls with a pair of black converse. The sweater was a bit oversized but I didn't mind. 'You know what let's get that last. I want to see her reaction to it. That would be the perfect end to the day.' He rambled on in which everyone agreed. Our first stop was Honeydukes, which smelt beautiful, rows and rows of chocolates and sweets. Remus immediately rushed to the wall of chocolate and Peter ran wild. I had decided to go off on my own selecting candies I felt I would like. I walked over to the till and met Remus and Peter who were in the middle of paying. I dropped my basket beside their own small selections.

'Can you add these please? I'll pay.' I looked directly at the cashier lady refused to look at Remus and Peter who stood dumbfounded for a few seconds.

'No, we will. It's okay Mads. We -' I held a finger up and turned to them. After all the kind things they had done for me, I wanted to be able to pay them back and their humility was getting in my way.

'Did I stutter? No. So allow me to do this one kind thing for you after you guys have done so much for me.' I pleaded with them, I even pouted for some effect. They were still struggling to answer and were proving stubborn until a voice behind us spoke.

'Well, if you insist. I won't stop you.' Sirius dropped his candy on the counter as well. 'Please add this. James, Mads is paying!' James rushed over with the overflowing basket he held and put it on the counter. He and Sirius placed a kiss on my cheek, then ran over to where Lily and Marlene were standing. Remus and Peter were still trying to understand what had happened when the lady called out the total and I paid. At this rate, I won't be able to afford to live anymore.

Next place we landed in was Zonko's. I picked up a few dung bombs for the Prewetts and some sugar quills for Michael, who would definitely appreciate them. I couldn't think of what to buy, so when I was done I walked into J. Pippin's Potion Shop. I was walked around looking at labels and a colourful bottle caught my eye. Sleekeazy's Hair Potion. I could definitely use that. I always missed quidditch games because I spent that time washing and braiding my hair. I preferred to do it when I was alone, so I wouldn't get asked any questions. I paid the man and left the store when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I threw my fist in the person's direction and he dodged.

'Woah. I was looking for you. You left but the others didn't know where you went. It was only when I had asked Dorcas, that she said she had seen you walk into the potions shop. Come on the others are waiting for us.' He grabbed my hand and led me to them. As we walked, I noticed a desolate and decaying house in a distance.

'What's that? That house over there.' I pointed and for a second I could see Sirius become quite pale. I pulled him over in the direction of the house.

'It's called the shrieking shack. It's haunted by ghosts and such. They're constantly screaming and breaking stuff. No one ever goes there.' Ghosts? But I hadn't seen or felt any ghosts. Although I couldn't control my 'special skills' as they called it, I still had the ability to feel their presence. Sirius was lying. But why? I saw two figures walking towards us as we stared at the house. I could feel his grip on my hand tighten.

'Snivellus, Regulus. What do you want?' He asked. His voice was laced with disdain. I knew he didn't like Snape I could tell from previous encounters, but why Regulus. Who was he?

'Nothing but it seems you've forgotten your dearest brother so soon? Another girl?' He looked at me, his eyebrows raised in question. I had never gotten so angry so fast. Another girl? Who did he think he was? Yes, Sirius was notorious for such and that was his thing. I didn't even care that he had assumed such, but to be called just another girl drove me mad. I snapped my fingers and both Snape and Regulus were hanging by their ankles. I walked closer to Regulus and with each step, I changed his hair a different colour. Once I reached him, I slapped him across the face.

'Another girl? Another girl? Do you know who I am? I am Magdalene Kehinde Akingbade and I am more than just 'another girl'. From here on out I am your worst nightmare and I will make your life a living hell. You got that?' I snapped and they were softly placed back on the ground. I was angry not a monster. Their necks would have snapped in half but I still kept his hair lime green. I walked back and grabbed Sirius's hand towards the direction of The Three Broomsticks Inn.

'I'm sorry.' I turned my head in shock. 'Are you upset with me?'

"You didn't tell me you had a brother.' I spoke softly still recovering from what I had done. His mouth curled into a small smile.

'You didn't ask.' The two of us laughed and suddenly I felt better. It was weird how he always knew what to say to cheer me.

'I don't know guys, you know I'm not the biggest fan of beers. So -' Madam Rosmerta had just dropped off our butterbeer and everyone was waiting for me to try it before they carried on. They loved the drink but these were the same people that enjoyed pumpkin juices.

'Shhhhhh. Drink it or I will make you drink it.' Sirius said, no laughter in his voice. My eyes widened in shock. I lifted the mug and took a sip. I could feel my body warming up as I did. It tasted sweet, very sweet like butterscotch. I continued to drink until it was all gone.

'Woah. Do you think we can take these to go?' I exhaled and everyone at the table broke out into intense laughter.

'I'm in charge of the radio tonight!' Sirius shouted as he rushed from the portrait entrance towards the radio in the corner. In all honesty, he had a reasonable amount of taste in muggle music, but after the comment, he made the night I tried to teach them about football I was still sceptical.

'No way, I am.' I sat down and took the radio from his hands. Tuning it to an American station, the Jackson 5 was playing. 'See, this is better music. I don't think muggle music is your strong suit.' The others who were chattering away in the corner quietened and turned towards me.

'Muggle music isn't my strong suit? You sure about that?' He smirked and combed his hair with his fingers.

'Absolutely positive. You don't like Aretha or Jackson 5. That's absolutely ridiculous.'

"What's ridiculous is that you're still living in the 60s. And it's not like I don't like them, I'm just not into American music the way you are.'

'Maybe British music isn't my type have you ever thought of that?'

'Then you're not listening to the right songs. Follow me.' He led me out of the room and up a staircase that led to his dorm. He entered and I remained at the doorway. What was going on? 'Come on.' He dragged me inside, motioning towards the record player besides what looked like his bed. Several crates of vinyl were scattered in a corner.

'Woah.' I rushed over to the crates, looking at all the different covers. Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Marsha Hunt, Jackson 5 and Queen. 'I think we should switch dorms.' I said not even bothering to look up. I heard his laughter behind me.

'You're an absolute nutter.' I heard him tinkering with the record player and I turned still seated on the floor. 'When you slapped my brother, all I could hear was this song playing in my head.' He laid back on his bed.

The song played and the lyrics captivated me. Sirius leapt off the bed when the chorus came on and I couldn't help but laugh at the weird show he was putting on.

She's a Killer Queen

Gunpowder, gelatine

Dynamite with a laser beam

Guaranteed to blow your mind

Anytime

'Do you like the song?' He asked once the song was done.

'I loved it. I take back what I said. You do know your music.' I confessed quickly knowing his next questions. I also knew he would still taunt me afterwards.

'Great, that means you're going to love this.' He changed vinyl. 'This song is called Bohemian Rhapsody.'

A/N: Another week has come and gone and I'm still not done with chapter 10. I'm really disappointed in myself right now but what can I say?

Anyway, please read, enjoy, vote, share and comment. I really hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you.