Snape

tw: violence, talks of death, and blood

Maggie and Mary were on their way to the library. They had a free period and decided they would use it to study. Maggie studying for her African exams and Mary studying for her OWLs. Of course, Maggie was still going to study for OWLs, it's just that the African exams required a larger knowledge of more content.

'Hello, gorgeous.' Pucey stood in front of the girls in the hallway. Maggie and Mary walked around him.

'I'm talking to you.' He called out, jogging towards the two. He grabbed Maggie's hand and she stopped. He stood in front of the pair. 'Don't tell me you didn't hear.' He stroked her chin.

'I heard, I just wasn't interested.' She moved her face away from his hand. She grabbed her friend's hand and started walking away. 'Let's go Mary.'

'Ah ah ah, not so fast.' Several Slytherin students surrounded them. Not just any Slytherin students but the ones who were known to be involved with Voldemort. Two of them violently grabbed Mary and another two grabbed Maggie.

'Let her go. I'll do what you want.' Maggi pleaded with them as Pucey neared Mary with his wand drawn.

'But do you know what I want?' He walked towards Maggie as he used his wand to lift her head.

'What do you want then?'

'To make the mudblood suffer.' He smiled at Maggie and kissed her cheek. A smile that would stalk her dreams for years to come. A feeling she would try to scrub off from her brain. 'Severus, do it.' He turned to Snape who had his wand drawn at Mary ready to strike.

'Severus please don't.' Maggie and Mary begged.

'Severus, you must show us where your loyalties lie.' Pucey commanded.

'Severus, no. Stop.' Maggie was crying and struggling with the students that held her back. Mary was quiet, it seemed like she had accepted her fate.

'Sectumsempra!' Snape suddenly shouted and all of a sudden, dozens of gashes appeared on Mary's skin, blood gushing out. Maggie screamed.

'Next time, you would think before raising your hand on me.' Pucey whispered in her ear and the Slytherin students disappeared, leaving Maggie and Mary alone. Maggie ran over to Mary's side and tried to look for a way to stop the bleeding. The pool of blood only grew, staining both of their uniforms. It was like she was living her worst nightmare. She couldn't believe it, she didn't want her friend to die.

'Mary, stay with me please.' She placed the girl's head on her lap and tried to feel her pulse. 'Someone help! Help us! Someone help!' She screamed over and over again as she and her friend stayed in the empty hallway. Eventually, she could only make incoherent noises and screams as her sobs increased.

'Maggie, what happened?' Professor Slughorn came running with Madam Pince.

'Sectumsempra.' She said quickly, wiping her tears from her face and leaving behind some streaks of blood.

'It will be hard to heal, but we'll try our best.' He said as he lifted the child and rushed her over to the Hospital Wing.

'I came as soon as I heard. Is she going to be alright?' Marlene ran into the hospital wing. Maggie was sitting beside Mary's hospital bed, holding her hand.

'She's stable but still unconscious.' She looked up and Marlene could see her face was absolutely soaked as her tears mixed with the bloodstains on her face.

'Why are you crying? You just said she was okay.' Marlene hugged the girl as she cried even more.

'It's my fault she's here.'