Animagus

'Please please please please please.' Maggie was sitting in the common room, trying to practice what Flitwick had given her for her extra classes. She was going to write both the Junior and Senior African Exams next year. Very stupid she knew, but at least there was less pressure from other people this time. The boys had spent the last hour of her revision begging her to help transform them into animagi.

'No.' She said flipping the page of her textbook and imitating the hand gestures there. The rest had fallen into a deep silence. Maggie finally looked up when she had successfully made a nearby 3rd year student momentarily fly.

'How about this? Would this change your mind?' Sirius brought out Fleetwood Mac record out. On the sleeve were the signatures of all the band members, Stevie Nicks' smack in the middle. She gasped.

'Thank you, thank you. How did you get it?' She got up and hugged the boy and then examined the record.

'Does it matter? You own it now.' He flipped some hair out of his face as Maggie looked at him with an expecting face. 'Okay, during the summer I went to a concert and got a backstage pass. then I-' He spoke, but was stopped by James covering his mouth.

'It doesn't matter how you got it. All that matters is did it work?' James looked from Sirius to Maggie, waiting for her to answer the question. She kept a very straight face, leaving the others on edge.

'Okay I'll do it.' She smiled softly as she traced her finger over the record sleeve.

'Pinky promise?' James brought out his pinky finger.

'I pinky promise.' Maggie linked hers with his. She then returned to her work that laid in front of her, silence covered the area.

'Well...' The boys stood in front of her awkwardly, waiting to hear more.

'Not now!' She said sighing exasperatedly. For people that were supposed to be so smart, they were really stupid at times.

'Why not?' Peter asked, fearlessly.

'I have to explain several things to you. There's so many things I need to get together. So, i'll debrief you after dinner and then we will start tomorrow.'

'Start what?' Mary asked as she plopped besides Maggie's chair.

'Dancing' Sirius said.

'Flying.' James spat.

'Eating.' Peter responded.

'Don't mind them. They are getting extra lessons from me, something about how my divination skills are just better than theirs.' She avoided Mary's eyes the entire time, focusing hers on the book that sat in front of her. She lifted her head and winked slyly at the 3 boys. 'Isn't that right boys?'

'Just fantastic.'

'Yup.'

'But Peter doesn't do divination.' Mary raised an eyebrow. Maggie's heart dropped. How could she have forgotten?

'Yeah, but I just love the um, divine nature.' Peter stuttered.

'Quickly, go and get your bottles. Run children.' She rushed into the garden to get her bottle that she had kept. It was her favourite place. It was where she watched the sun rise and set. It was where she sat under the stars, tracing the constellations. So it was only fit, that she would keep the key to one of her most life-changing experiences. She grabbed the phial from a big thick rose bush and saw it had turned blood red, just like she had wanted. She quickly ran back into the school as thunder continued to clap in the sky. She couldn't believe it. In a few moments from now she would be an animagus and she would be promoted. Her parents would be there at the ceremony. They were going to be proud of her, finally.