Astronomy

'Oh no, I'm late.' Maggie quickly rushed out of bed. Astronomy class started 3 minutes ago and she wasn't even dressed. She muttered several words, a lot of them very unladylike and put on her robes. She felt it she put on the rest of her uniform she would waste too much time. Yet she still went to brush her teeth cause she reasoned that it would be a crime to come late and her breath still be stale. When she was done, she grabbed her books and telescope and ran out. If she saw her roommates, she would have a few words with them, none of them pleasant. She continued running through the hallways. She slowed down when she heard a hushed chatter. She stopped immediately and reached for her wand in her pocket. She heard the voices behind her and she turned around, holding her wand to their necks defensively.

'Woah.' James and Sirius stood with their hands up, doughnuts in the air.

'Oh, it's you two.' She put her wand back in her pyjama pocket and stared at their hands, trying to decipher what was in them. 'Is that food? Can I have some?'

'Aren't you a little late?' James laughed as she jumped to reach the doughnuts. He kept on taking it out of reach. Sometimes, Maggie really hated the flag pole called James.

'You are too.' She huffed as she crossed her arms and pouted.

'Fair enough.' He handed her a doughnut with strawberry icing and she instantly dug in.

'Why are you late?' Sirius asked. They didn't talk at all after their fight. But after the incident with Snape and Mary, he would ask a few questions or say a few statements. Nothing special.

'Overslept.' She said before she stuffed the last piece of doughnut in her mouth as they neared the classroom.

'And your roommates didn't wake you?' Sirius asked again. He was no longer carrying a box of doughnuts, so Maggie thought he may have finished them.

'I don't know what happened, but I'm about to find out.' She opened the door, holding her robes together so her pyjamas wouldn't show. She could see her roommates silently groaning in the corner as the professor moved towards the three students who had just walked in.

'You are late.' He said angrily.

'Sorry Professor Plunkett.' The three said at once and immediately moved to sit at random seats. Maggie sat with some Ravenclaws, while Sirius and James sat alone.

'Detention. The three of you.' The professor said as they sat down. Maggie cringed at those words, she really thought she had avoided it. 'Now, pay attention to Uranus'

'Uranus.' Peter whispered into Remus' ear causing him to snort and start laughing uncontrollably

'You two will also stay back for detention.' Professor Plunkett said without turning around. He already knew who it was. Maggie, who was planning to talk to her roommates, was discouraged. She didn't want them to get into trouble.

'We're here, Professor.' Maggie said as she walked towards the professor's desk. The class had just finished and it was just the five students and their professor left. She continued to hold her robes. She didn't want extra detention for lack of uniform.

'Ah yes. Adjust and clean all the telescopes properly. Then I would need a complete map of the Ophiuchus constellation as well as a 3-foot scroll all about it.' The professor packed his bags and walked towards the door.

'3 feet? But there's practically nothing on it.' Sirius followed the man.

'Is that so?' Professor Plunkett smiled sickly. He then pointed to his desk. 'On my desk, Monday morning.'

'There goes our weekend.' James sighed, patting Sirius on his back.

'At least you had a weekend. I was meant to study the entire time.' Maggie sat down on a table and groaned. She always had some unfortunate luck at times.