Touch

'Have fun with Sev?' Remus asked as Lily joined them at their table in the Great Hall.

'Sev? Who's Sev? Is Sev a prefect?' James eyebrows furrowed as he looked between Lily and Remus.

'James, relax. It's just Snape.' Marlene placed her hand on his shoulder and dragged him back to sit down.

'Oh grow up. And yes, thanks for asking.' She kissed Remus' cheek and sat down beside him. It was only then that she had looked at Maggie. 'Has your hair alway been red?'

'Yes.' Maggie said, without skipping a beat.

'Her mum is cousins with Arthur Weasley.' Gideon wrapped his arm around Maggie's shoulder as the other looked more confused.

'Her mom, her and her brother both have red hair.' Fabian added.

'We just dye it, to avoid suspicions.' Silence. The group continued to eye her wearily for a few seconds before Dumbledore started his welcome back speech.

'Magdalene, the headmaster would like to see you in his office.' Dinner was over and the group trailed behind a bunch of first years that Lily and Remus were leading. They were all laughing at one of Peter's jokes when McGonagall had appeared out of nowhere to deliver the message from the headmaster.

'Now?' She asked. McGonagall squeezed her face like that was the stupidest question she had ever heard. Maggie was quite embarrassed. She knew she was going to hear a witty remark but the professor composed herself.

'Yes. Also, treacle tart.' The professor then walked away leaving behind a very confused group of teenagers.

'Treacle tart?' Maggie asked herself as the others shrugged.

'Password?' The gargoyle in front of her spoke suddenly, startling her. She was a bit angry cause it could talk but it had stood there for 10 minutes while she looked for a way to open it. She was confused as to what the password was. That was until she remembered what her housemistress said.

'Treacle tart?' She stepped back a bit afraid that something might jump out at her but the gargoyle simply stepped aside as a staircase came into view. She walked up the staircase and saw Professor Dumbledore sitting at his desk, reading a small book. Everything seemed pretty normal except for the small girl that floated around the room. Maggie had never seen her around the school, so she was confused as to whether this was a regular Hogwarts ghost or just a regular one. 'Good evening headmaster.'

'Good evening, Magdalene. I trust your trip was okay.' He dropped his book and gestured for her to sit and she did.

'Yes, thank you sir.' She wasn't one for small talk, so she hoped this would end soon.

'I guess you're wondering why I called you here?' He leaned back into his chair.

'I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind.' She laughed a bit, trying to make herself relax.

'I would like to ask you a couple questions.' He folded his arms.

'Okay.'

'Can you see her?' His eyes wandered up towards the ceiling, as if searching for the girl.

'Can I see what sir?' She was a bit confused as to where he was getting at. Not many people knew about her talents, so she didn't know what to do. She just dealt with it the way she did during her first 2 years at Oagado.

'The girl, can you see her?' She looked up at where the girl was. The girl nodded her head and told her that she was safe.

'Er. yes.' She didn't know why she took a dead person's advice. For all she knew it could be a trap, but manipulating people didn't seem like something Dumbledore would do.