𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

y/n woke up in finns arms. they were both currently still on the floor due to the shortage of things to sleep on. his grip was really tight on her so she just stayed in that positions for a few minutes until she heard finn wake up.

"morning princess" he told y/n. happy to have her in his arms.

"morning bubba" she said with a smile.

as if on cue, everyone else in the room woke up. small yawns and groans filled the room.

"morning lovebirds" wyatt said motioning to the couple in the corner

"morning wy" y/n said, still in finns arms

it was morning and the gang was hungry for breakfast. so they searched everywhere in the big room by themselves. they still couldn't find anything. y/n searched quietly until finn scared her from behind by placing his arms around her waist.

"hey" he said to the girl

"hi" y/n giggled back while turning around and cupping his face in her small hands. they looked at each other for a moment until y/n pulled him in a tight hug.

"i'm scared of what's out there" she said to him. "dont worry princess me too" finn hesitated to say what he was going to say next but he said it anyway "i'm here and i'll protect you, even if it means jumping in front of a bullet to save you." he said. it was true. he is not making it out of this school without the love of his teenage life.

"what?" y/n pulled away from the hug. finns arms were still on her waist. "what do you mean?" she asked, terrified of what he said might actually happen.

"everything i said" he told her and kissed her forehead. he embraced her in a hug, burying her head under his neck. it was a sweet moment. the two holding each other. until they got interrupted by gaten.

"so uh guys i absolutely hate to ruin what y'all are doing in here but chosen just found some fruit snacks and yogurt in the coach hoppers mini fridge, so we'll just eat that for now. uh, everything okay?" gaten asked worried about what had happened to the two, they just confessed their love for each other yesterday and he was worried if they already had a fight.

"no uh yeah everything's crystal clear" y/n said with a smile. she pecked finns cheek while she caught up with gaten, leaving finn by himself speechless of what he had just confessed.

"so i heard you two yesterday" gaten said while sitting down on the floor next to y/n.

"w-what?" y/n said confused as finn sat next to her and put an arm around her. as far as she knew, no one knew about her and finn. she was confused about what gaten had to say. they were all asleep last night when finn and her were talking. right?

"you two are obviously in love with each other" said jack, chiming into the conversation. he said it a bit too loud, so that everyone could hear it.

the room went silent. y/n and finn looked at each other. then all of a sudden, the room filled with silent cheers. y/n and finn were very confused, but happy that they didn't have to keep a secret from the others. y/n earned small hugs while finn earned pats on the back. he was happy. she was happy. everyone was happy. they all continued to eat their breakfast and throw things at each other, but they stopped once they heard...

a gunshot

the teens panicked and went to the least visible place in the room for the people outside. they all panicked but they knew they had to stay quiet. all except..

caleb.

he pulled the paper over the window on the door and looked at what happened. his girlfriend sadie, was shot in the chest. blood seeping everywhere. there she laid, in a red puddle of blood. dead. the sight was too much for caleb to he walked over the the kids in the corner and said something to them.

"i love you guys, you guys are my family" he said to the boys. he was about to embrace everyone in a group hug when gaten stopped him.

"woah woah dude, what happened? what do you mean? he asked, worried and anxious. he didn't know what was going on, but the others did. he was confused why most of his teammates already had tears in their eyes.

"sad-sadie, she's- she's gone!" his voice broke and he wept

"guys i cant. i cant do this anymore. i promised her older brother i'd protect her. i failed. so i deserve what's going to happen." he walked away from the group who tried to pull him back in. he never gave them their last hug. before he left he whispered to y/n, "take care of finn, please."

"caleb no!" gaten cried, but he was pulled back by the others, who were all crying.

in the hallway, caleb ran to sadie and knelt in her pool of blood. "sadie, i know you cant hear me but i love you so much. i'm sorry i couldn't protect you. i'm sorry that i wasn't there. i never told the guys this because i knew they would say something but i was gonna give you this" he held out a necklace and put it around her neck. and he wept on her chest.

the team and the girl in the room were all weeping. then...

they heard

a gunshot.

after they heard it, they cried and cried. gaten was the one that made his own pool of tears. crying like a baby who had just lost a balloon.

"he's gone guys! he's gone!" hive voice broke and like a switch, the team embraced in a hug, all mourning the loss of their star player, their best friend, and their goof.

y/n held finns hand the whole time, not wanting to let go.

now she knew why he said what he said.

and he really meant it.

authors note!
GUYS IM SO SORRY OMG I CRIEDDD.
anyways there's only a few chapters left for this story
since it is a short story. vote and comment and tell me what you think!
love y'all 🤍