𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

tw: mentions about gender norms
(happens when finn and y/n are talking with each other. please skip that part if you
are sensitive to that topic. i'm new to this stuff so i may be a bit
too careful with warnings. i just don't want this book offending any of you guys. thanks for understanding.)

the room went silent. y/n looked at the floor and finn was looking straight at her.

"y/n?" chosen asked. y/n looked up at finn, who had a small smile on his face.

finn was gonna do it. he was going to ask her out. on a date where he would ask her to be his girlfriend. this wasn't how he wanted to do it though but if he opted out now, who knows what would happen right after. he couldn't risk doing that.

"y/n, uh, so, will you go out on a date with me? like once we make it out alive of this hell hole?" finn asked, nervously. he wanted to know her answer. he was so impatient for it.

"yes. i would love to." y/n said, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into a tight hug, with a kiss on the cheek right after. the boys around them cheered and high fived finn screaming "my man!" or "that's my boy!" everyone in the room was happy.

finn was happy. possibly the happiest he's ever been. he couldn't wait to go on the date with the girl of his dreams. he wanted to give her everything she wanted. he would protect her from all danger. he would die for her.

as for y/n, she was grinning so hard. she couldn't wait to go on the date too. she wanted to spend the rest of her life with this boy. she didn't care if people said they were too young.

"so when's the wedding?" noah asked. then everyone burst into a fit of laughter

finn and y/n stayed in each other's arms for a while near the window of the building, it was pretty small so no one could see them. they were sitting on the floor. y/n was wrapped in her lovers arms.

m"so uh the date. what do you wanna do?" finn asked, eager to know what the girl had to say.

"maybe in a cottage, near a lake. i want it to be like a picnic" y/n daydreamed, but she snapped out of her thoughts because she never asked finn what he wanted to do "unless th-thats too much for you. we can just-" y/n was interrupted by finn.

"no no no i think it's perfect princess. ill do it only for you." he gave her a kiss on her forehead and she returned it with a smile. he loved her smile. her smile killed him every time he saw it. it was one of the only things keeping him happy. "well make it out of here alive. i promise" he hoped it was true.

"you got anything fun in your bag?" finn asked, getting a bit bored.

y/n pulled her bag from the corner of the room and examined the inside of it. she took out a pack of gu, black nail polish, and math homework that was due forever ago.

"unless you want me to paint your nails, i've got nothing." y/n sighed until finn chirped up.

"paint my nails! please please please!" he begged like a toddler in a candy store. he didn't care if she would judge him.

"okay okay okay." y/n giggled. this was something she has never done before but at least she would be able to do it in her life. she was excited on what would come next in her relationship with finn. she hoped it was full of surprises.

she put finns hand on her hand and gave him a sweet glance before she started. she opened the bottle and got the black liquid out and put it on his first finger.

"ooh it's cold!" finn said giggling. "stop moving you goof" y/n said back at him, admiring the three rings on finns finger.

"i've always seen nail polish on jack and i've always tried to have him paint mine but i guess we were too caught up on football and shit that we never got to do it." he told y/n "plus the coach always gets mad at him for having it on, so he always scratches them off before every practice."

y/n gave him a sad look "that's horrible. i don't know why anyone would do that. i guess it's because they expect boys to be a "man" it sucks. i feel so bad." she looked over at jack, who was playing with a bouncy ball. she saw his fingers. one finger was blue, another was orange, but the others, which she assumed were pink, black, and white, seemed to have more than half of it chipped off.

"well at least you can enjoy it for a short while i guess." finn said looking at his 5 nails that were painted perfectly. y/n was a professional at this stuff he thought. he looked at her face, her beautiful, perfect face and smiled. he loved how she bit her lip while focusing.

"you're so cute when you focus" finn said only for y/n to hear.

y/n smiled "i know" she said confidently

she painted the last finger and finally they were done. finn got a bit too excited and raised his hands in the air, but before he could, y/n grabbed his wrists.

"babe. you have to wait for them to dry" y/n said, worried that her hard work with her shaky hands could be messed up any second.

"woah babe huh? never heard that one before" finn said. y/n gave him a look that said seriously? and he stopped and laughed a bit. "okay then babe. let me just show jack, okay? i'll be back babe. i love you" he rushed over to jack and showed him his nails. y/n smiled at the sight. jack gave her a thumbs up on her work. she returned it with a soft smirk.

finn rushed back to her and thanked her. he wrapped her up in his arms and kissed all over her face.

"i love you i love you i love you i love you!" he sang in a tuneless tune. he really meant it. every i love you he said.

"i love you too but you're gonna ruin you nails!" y/n said with a light chuckle

"sorry babe, i just love you, so so much."

"i love you more, loser"

they meant it. they were enjoying their sweet moment.

but they didn't know what was about to come their way.

authors note!
sorry about the previous chapter! it didn't publish right so i had to publish it before
this one! anyways what did you guys think of the cliffhanger and finn and y/ns
cute little moment? i loved it! thank you for reading this chapter and thank you guys
so much for bringing this story to #4 on #wolfhard! vote and comment
and tell me what you think!
love y'all 🤍