𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

caleb.

he was the one in their heads for the past hour. it was silent. y/n and finn in each other's arms. the boys all comforting each other. especially gaten. you see, him and caleb have been best friends since they were others couldn't imagine what he had felt after seeing his best friend leave without a hug or that much to say. he knew he did it for sadie. but he just wished there was another way.

"i just know" gaten said sniffling "he s-said he wanted to die a hero." he wept and wept until finn finished his sentence for him.

"and he did."

there was a moment of silence for all the teens in the room. it only lasted a few hours. but it seemed like it lasted forever. the boys hated seeing gaten broken. considering he was one of the balls of sunshine in their group.

louis checked his phone. "1:39 pm guys and i have a notification from channel 15 news on my phone." everyone gathered around him, eager to know what was going on. "it's about our school! harrington high!" the other looked at each other with excited faces, wanting to know more about what was going on. y/n squeezed her grip on finns hand and he did the same to her, looking at the girl with a smile. louis cleared his throat and said "harrington high school has suffered a tragic misery with multiple dead and injured. we are happy to announce there will be security approaching in the next few hours." he said. his voice dropped at the last part.

"next few hours?" y/n asked "why not now?" she was thinking. why would they send security to a school with thousands of crying kids worried about what will happen with their lives in the next few hours? it was such a crazy idea but she also had to be thankful that they were actually getting security to come.

"well you see, there has been security that have approached the school, it's just that they need a lot because there are already a bunch of intruders. they have to get more from outside of the city." louis explained to all the confused teens around him.

"it's gonna be a whole ass war!" wyatt said, causing all the boys in the room to argue what was about to happen. finn held y/n close, worried about what might happen to the girl he loved. he wondered if they could both make it out. if it was only one of them, it had to be y/n. it will be y/n. he was going to make sure of it.

"guys stop!" gaten said loud enough for the boys to hear "we lost two of our best friends and you guys are arguing like little kids! i lost my best friend. there were a couple of tears streaming down his cheek "i cant lose you guys either. i think we just need to calm down alright?"

the room filled with alrights then the teens went on with each other. either lying down, looking at the ceiling, makin ghe small conversation, or playing sticks with their fingers.

finn and y/n talked about what they wanna do when they get older. both were too scared to admit they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with each other.

"i want to be a gardener. open my little garden full of flowers and fruits. i also want a small cottage house, enough for me, my boyfriend, and plus a small dog i wanna get." y/n smiled at finn. hoping that he would get the hint she left on what she said.

"i don't care what i'll do, as long as i'm with you." finn blurted out without hesitation. he was scared of what y/n had to say, but she responded with a peck on his cheek.

"i love you finn" y/n said

"i love you too princess."

the moment was interrupted when jack came over and sat next to finn. he strangled finn playfully in his arms and hugged him really tight.

"no way you're stealing my boyfriend!" jack poked at y/ns shoulder "not a chance!" y/n pulled at finns arm. giving a mean, playful look to jack saying he's mine.

"no let him go!" y/n said to jack. "finn, my knight in shining armor, help me i'm dying!" she faked as she fell onto the floor, hand over her head.

"no! princess y/n! i cant let you die!" finn yelled, escaping jacks grip and scooping up y/n in his arms. they were all just like a bunch of kids playing and having fun. y/n thought that jack would make a great third wheel if her and finn were ever to date in the future. her and finn liked each other for now, they just had to find a right time to ask each other to be each other's boyfriend and girlfriend. during a crisis would be the worst case scenario.

"no finn! how about me? prince jack? fine! if you don't want me, i will turn into a dragon and eat all of you!" so jack stepped up and jumped onto the couple, barely making any noise, surprisingly.

"noooo! we're all dead!" y/n said, smiling at finn who was on top of her.

soon enough all the boys went over to their side of the room and formed a big pile of football players on top of the couple, not enough to suffocate them though. they were all being playful.

the room filled with a fit of small giggles. these are actually my friends, y/n thought. never in a million years would she have someone who loved her with a funny, caring, group of boys.

she loved them.

especially the tall quarterback, with black raven curls.

authors note!
thank you for reading this chapter! it means a lot to me.
happy halloween! what will you be this year?
be safe you guys if you're trick or treating!
hope you guys liked this chapter! had to put a little bromance in there haha
vote and comment and tell me what you think!
love y'all 🤍