𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

tw: mentions of a panic attack

the teens sat around lazily and whispered jokes and random stuff to each other across the room. jack bouncing a ball. finn holding y/n while she played with his rings. louis halfway asleep. it was a quiet moment. until everyone's phones buzzed at the same time. well not all the phones, jacks phone died after playing games on them.

"guys" noah said excitedly "we're almost there!" he looked at his phone and read "it has been almost two days since students have been locked down at harrington high. we are happy to announce that police and security are on their way soon." noah said. wyatt got up, a bit angry.

"soon? when is soon? those assholes tell us they are coming in the next few hours but soon? i can right now i'm going to have a panic attack!" everyone tried to calm him down. he was breathing heavily. y/n curled her face into finns chest, not wanting to look at the sight.

after a few minutes wyatt calmed down and sat next to chosen, who put his arm around him comfortably. the crew was definitely excited to get out of this situation, but how would they get out safely?

"i mean guys, look at the bright side" jaeden spoke up "i mean were one the first floor, so obviously they would get us out first." he tried to brighten up the mood but it only worked for a few seconds.

"im worried about my dad." chosen said "he works here. sorry y/n i never told you. i guess i was just a bit scared. i had to hold my feelings in and not think about it. he's a math teacher by the way." he was about to cry. he did. tears streamed down his face. the news coverage website never showed who died. it could be a coin flip possibility that chosens dad was dead.

they all formed into a group hug and stayed there for a long time. finn held y/ns hand throughout the hug and kissed it gently.

they all sat in a circle at the end of the hug and talked about their lives. mainly for y/n since she just met them not too long ago.

jack talked about how his parents always cooked him the best breakfast, he kept bragging about it. he also talked about the many colors he has painted his nails.

louis talked about his british accent and how it attracted a bunch of girls. what can i say? accents are the first things they hear instead of see. they love me! he said. y/n was surprised he didn't have a girlfriend yet. she knew that he would treat a girl perfectly.

jaeden talked about his mom. his momma. he loved her so much and while he was telling stories about his mother y/n went into tears. she never had a mom. he tears disappeared when jaeden said "hey maybe one day you could meet her. when we all make it out of this shit show, she can make cookies for you." he cheered her up.

they all told stories about their lives. finn didn't really need to. y/n and the gang already knew so much about him.

"how about you miss y/n?" louis spoke up
an: I WOULD DIE IF HE SAID
THAT TO ME OMGHSISJDHA

"uh" y/n started. she trusted them. she knew they wouldn't spread it around.

"so i come from a middle class family. my house is near dover street." she started until she was interrupted.

"woah woah woah! dover street? the houses there are huge! you sure you're middle class?" jack said loudly and surprised.

"uh im not really sure but anyways" y/n continued, scared that one of the boys would interrupt her again. she was a shy girl. she didn't like speaking in front of many people. the most people she has ever spoken to in her life were 4 people in her kitchen, asking her therapy questions about her mother.

"i've lived in the same ouse my whole life, y'all should come over once this hell is over. we have room for many guests. uh- anyways i've lived with my dad my whole life. i mean he doesn't really care where i go though. it's just kinda sad, you know? always having to be careful for yourself knowing that no one else is gonna check up on you or say what did you do today he was never like that. and you guys are probably wondering where my mom is. well she passed away while giving birth to me so yeah" her voice dropped. never in her life has she shared that story with anyone. it's been balled up inside her brain for a long time until now, the boys gave her hugs and pats on her back.

"we're your family." finn said with a smile.

"yeah. and well always care for you." louis added.

y/n smiled at the boys all around her. by looking at them now, she knew they wouldn't make fun of her for it, or create a rumor about the rich girl with no parents. she saved the best thing to tell them for last.

"so since i never got to meet my mother, she left something behind. apparently they were supposed to give it to me when i was old enough for it to fit on me. but my mom passed away when i was born so my dad gave it to me instead." the boys growing eager and eager to know what the thing looked like.

"it's a necklace" y/n continued as she fumbled with the other necklaces on her neck. "it's uh-" she stopped and looked at her neck. she wore the same three necklaces every day. two of them were fake gold. one with an angel pendant and one that said her name. she couldn't find the real one that had a small green crystal hanging from the real gold chain. she wore it every single day of her life. she knew she put it on today.

"why what's wrong babe?" finn asked frantically. if y/n panicked, he panicked.

"the necklace, it isn't on my neck!" she was about to cry. she was shaking. "it's the only thing i have of her left! i wear it every day. i know i put it on. i always triple check. it must've fallen off or some if i don't know!" she said with tears in her eyes. all the boys searched around the room to find it for her, no luck. she's been in this room this whole time and-

no she hasn't.

she went to the bathroom first in the school.

that's when she last saw the necklace around her neck.

that's why she heard a chain breaking when she rushed to get out of the bathroom.

"the necklace. i know where it is."

"where?"  they all said in a scared tone.

"it's in the bathroom. i need to get it now."

was it a good idea?

authors note!
thank you for reading and bringing this story to #2 on #wolfhard! it
means a lot. what do you think will happen next? there is
only a few chapters left so stay tuned! vote and comment and tell me
what you think!
love y'all 🤍