𝓽𝓮𝓷

the last few hours the group played a few board games stuck in the coach's office. they were actually kind fun considering that everyone thought it was going to be boring.

they were in pairs. jack and gaten won the first round. then finn and y/n won the second round. rounds and rounds passed and eventually everyone got a bit bored and started going on their phones. the school had service now just in case people needed to contact their parents and tell them how they're doing. thank god for the service.

finn and y/n sat together on the floor. y/n on finns lap. they were taking cute, silly, and goofy pictures. it was definitely a cute moment for them. they were both giggling and play fighting each other telling them to delete a picture because it looked so bad. but they weren't going to do that. it's the memories that count.

suddenly finn got a call on his phone. luckily his ringer was off or it would've attracted the shooter outside. his phone showed the accept and decline button and y/n saw the name "mom" with a red heart next to it. finn was lucky to have a mom to call and check on him. he accepted the call and whispered to y/n.

"i need to take this. i'll be right back. i love you" he kissed her forehead. she really loved him. she really said "i love you" when he was only going a few feet away from her. since he wasn't too far y/n could hear their conversation easily without eavesdropping. it was all i'm doing fine until finn changed the subject.

"so uh mom i met this girl and i think you might like her. a lot."

finns mom responds. y/n heard a loud voice whic made her heart race. hopefully it was his mom cheering. otherwise it would've been a family reality show disaster.

"her name is y/n. pretty name, right mom?""

finns mom responds. y/n blushed at the fact finn called her name pretty. it was the little things that she also appreciated.

"yeah. you'll love her once you get a chance to visit home."

finns mom responded again. y/n was worried. a chance to visit home? we're they never at home for finn? we're they in the military? why were they only visiting home?

finns face dropped at his mothers response. "wait what? oh okay that's fine. i'll stick with nick no need to ship anything here. cant wait to see you again though. whenever that is."

finns mom responded, y/n was telling my the way finns facial expressions were and the way he talked, she knew it was no good for him or his brother.

"bye love you too and miss you" finn said. and with that. he hung up and sat next to y/n and held her in his arms. "i-" he began, but y/n interrupted.

"i overheard. i'm sorry you have to go through this babe. i love you, okay?" i'll always be here when you need me or not." y/n told him. she meant it.

"it's hard because like they're on a whole business trip and they can't spend just one week with their two only kids. do they know how dangerous this situation is? they haven't even got a chance to come this year!" finn raised his voice and hugged y/n a bit tighter.

"please don't leave me" he told her after a long silence.

"i won't. i promise. y/n meant what she said. even it it was dropping everything she had to spend a minute with the boy she loved, she would do it.

"pinky promise?" finn held out his pinky and y/n curled her pinky around his.

"pinky promise" y/n said with a smile "so my names pretty huh?"

finn giggled "or course princess."

the group ate their lunch late. it was barely lunch though. it was a bag of chips. a big bag of chips. they all shared it. wyatt insisted on splitting them equally, but no one cared to listen to him. they were too hungry.

while they were eating, they did a toast to caleb. they all found the biggest chips in the bag and held them up.

"to caleb" gaten said, a tear in his eye falling out as he said it.

"to caleb!" the teens said in unison.

hopefully caleb was looking down on them right now laughing.

"so how about the new couple here?" louis asked

"yeah what about them?" jack said sarcastically to add on, wiggling his eyebrows

"you never really told any of us about you guys, so" chosen added

"well," finn started "it was just like love at first sight and yeah yeah i know it sounds all corny and shit but i really mean it. we said we loved each other last night."

"yeah pretty much" y/n blushed looking at finn, who dropped an arm around her shoulder.

"we aren't dating yet" said finn "i want it to be special. not in some life crisis where it's dark and deadly. i need to to be perfect for princess y/n over here" finn smiled. the whole group agreed except for y/n, her face turned into a red apple.

after that so many questions filled the room.

"made out yet?" asked gaten

"how did y'all know y'all loved each other?" asked chosen

"ya think your parents will like her?" asked wyatt

"when will you guys make babies? i mean you cannot lie, they would make very very very good looking ones am i right?" said jack.

finn and y/n were flattered at all the questions. they never answered any of them until someone asked a question that made the room go silent.

"when are you gonna ask y/n on a date" jaeden asked

finn went silent and looked at y/n who looked back at him.

"about that, uh"

authors note!
hey guys! thank you so much for reading this
story! hope you enjoyed it! thank you also for 500 reads! what
did you think? the story is also coming to an end soon, but should i write another finn fanfic?
vote and comment and tell me what you think!
love y'all 🤍