McMystery at McDuck McManor

Charlotte walked downstairs for breakfast when she spotted Mrs. Beakley by the door, bags on the floor. Is she leaving? She walked up to Mrs. Beakley, tilting her head at her. "It's a secret." She simply said. Charlotte nodded her head in understanding. Webby ran up to Mrs. Beakley with a bag, a crossbow falling out. "Webby, a crossbow?" Mrs. Beakley asked. Webby picked up the crossbow. "Sorry, granny." She ran back to her room and came back with a bow and arrow. "That's better." Mrs. Beakley said. Webby is leaving too?

The triplets soon walked up to them. "What's all this?" Dewey asked. "Hey guys! Every year I brush up on my survivor skills on a secret island-." Mrs. Beakley cleared her through loudly, indicating to Webby to not tell them too much. "I mean, a-a-a regular island where young warriors definitely don't combat the forces of nature and each other." Webby quickly said, a grenade dropping from her backpack. Webby kicked the grenade back behind her, Mrs. Beakley catching it and putting it in a bag. "You know, it's-it's girl stuff." Webby said. Donald's panting could be heard as he ran past everyone and out the door. "I gotta go!" He rushed into his car and drove off as quick as he could. Even Mr. Duck is leaving? What is going on? "Why is everyone running off?" Huey asked. Mrs. Beakley sighed. "You would figure it out sooner or later. Today is Mr. McDuck's birthday." Mrs. Beakley whispered.

His birthday!? Today!? "His birthday!?" The triplets exclaimed. "Okay, people! We are in crisis party planning mode. Louie, make a guest list. Dewey-."
"Absolutely not." Mrs. Beakley interrupted. "Mr. McDuck has a strict no-birthday-party rule. He hates the reminder that he's-."
"Literally the oldest person he knows?" Louie finished. Dewey laughed at Louie's sentence. "But our most epic relative deserves the most epic party ever!" Huey said. "I don't know. He hasn't had a good since before his old butler Duckworth died." Webby said, pointing to a painting of Duckworth dusting a painting of Scrooge. "Like this stuffy, old guy could beat the party I threw for the Junior Woodchuck party planning committee. It was both work and play." Huey said. I don't think it's wise to offend the dead. Especially with this family. "Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." Mrs. Beakley said, walking out the door carrying their bags. "If I don't come back, tell my story." Webby said, following her granny. Huey waved them off. "He's gonna love it. Huey's time to shine!"

As the triplets left to plan the party, Charlotte remained where she stood, thinking. If Mr. McDuck doesn't want a party, then I should respect that choice. Still, it is his birthday. At least he should receive a gift. Charlotte returned to her room, pacing back and forth. What should I get him? I don't have enough money to buy him anything. Besides, what does he like besides money? She then got the perfect idea. She ran around the mansion, gathering some supplies. She returned to her room with some construction paper and some crayons. She spent the rest of the day creating her own birthday card for Scrooge, making sure that it was perfect and that there were no mistakes. When she was done, she took a long look at her card. I really hope he likes it. She looked outside her window and noticed that it was really late at night. Shoot! I've got to find him before it's morning! She put the card in her pocket and exited her room.

She sped her to Scrooge's room, but found that he wasn't there. She entered the foyer to search the rest of the mansion when she saw a party being held in the same room. Huey was holding a clipboard, Dewey was in a suit with some sort of electric helmet with a keyboard hanging on him, Louie was in a white and green suit, and Scrooge was sitting on a chair with a birthday hat, arms crossed with a grumpy look on his face. Her face lit up when she spotted Scrooge and was about to walk to him, but her face dropped once she spotted the guests. They were all in costume and their faces were obscured, but she recognized two of the three guests as people she did not like at all. The other one she didn't recognize in the slightest, but she could immediately tell that the lady wasn't a good person.