The Last Crash of the Sunchaser

The whole family was packing up and getting ready to take a trip and to experience the greatest adventure yet. Launchpad was packing up most of the supplies and luggages in the jeep as Huey, Dewey, Webby, and Charlotte exited out of the mansion in excitement.

"Next stop, Monacrow!" Webby exclaimed. "Home to E.X.C.E.S.S., the EXtreme Consumer Electronics and Science Symposium!" Huey said as he showed a poster of E.X.C.E.S.S. "Experimental race cars!" Huey said. "Lasers!" Webby exclaimed. "Airplanes?" Launchpad asked. "You bet, old friend." Dewey said as he fist bumped Launchpad. "And Monacrow is said to be the final resting place of the elusive Maltese MacGuffin!" Everyone turned their attention to Scrooge as he walked down the steps to them. "Lost during Netherworld War II, this ephemeral heirloom is so rare that no one has ever laid eyes upon it." Scrooge explained. "Woah. So what is it, exactly?" Huey asked. "The stuff dreams are made of." Scrooge answered in wonder. "No, but, like, is it a statue or-?"

Huey cut himself off as he saw Donald carry some wood planks to the houseboat. "Come on, Uncle Donald! You can fix the houseboat when we get back." Huey said. 'Yeah. Take a break, Mr. Duck.' Charlotte wrote down. "Uh-uh. I'm almost done. We'll be on the water again in two days!" Donald said. A crash was then heard on the houseboat. "Seven days!" Then the houseboat exploded. Donald sighed. "I should get started." Donald said as he went to fix the houseboat. "No rush!" Dewey said to Donald.

Mrs. Beakley then exited the mansion with her own duffel bag. "Granny! You're coming too!?" Webby asked. "I have 987 vacation days saved up, and Monacrow's Blackwater Beaches are legendary. It's high time I wilded out with some maxing and relaxing, hmm?" Beakley said as she put on some shades. "I have the coolest grandma." Webby said. "Sure. Now who's ready for the-."

🎵"Best road trip ever!"🎵

"Best road trip ever!" Scrooge sang off key. "Oh! You'll get it." Huey said as he and everyone else ran to the jeep, leaving just Scrooge and Mrs. Beakley. Scrooge chuckled. "Six months ago, if you'd have told me I should take in a group of youngins-."
"I did."
"I woulda called ya daft. But I tell you, I haven't felt this energized and vital since... well, a long time." Scrooge said. "Load up, everyone!" Scrooge said to everyone as they headed inside the jeep.

Charlotte was already inside the jeep, all ready to go for their adventure. Scrooge entered the jeep. "Are you ready, lass?" Scrooge asked. Charlotte nodded her head with a bright smile on her face. I can't wait! "Come on, kids!" Scrooge shouted to the rest of the kids who weren't on the jeep yet. Soon, everyone was buckled up. "To our greatest adventure yet!" Scrooge said. "Whoo! To adventure!" Everyone but Charlotte shouted as Launchpad drove the jeep into the plane. Not long after, the plane took off into the air.

In the plane, Charlotte had taken a seat a bit far from the cockpit, but she could see and hear everything that was going on in the cockpit. Launchpad was searching for an extra seat for Mrs. Beakley while she was stumbling around a bit. "Sorry, Mrs. B. Only seat I could find." Launchpad said as he pulled out a small, portable chair. Mrs. Beakley nervously took a seat. "Seatbelts?" Mrs. Beakley asked. "Oh. Um..." Launchpad dug around before finding an emergency float and putting it on Mrs. Beakley. "When we crash, it can be used as a floatation device." Launchpad said. "When we crash?" Mrs. Beakley asked nervously.

"Long time since you've been in the field, eh, Agent 22?" Scrooge asked as he popped the emergency float with his cane. Agent? "And this plane would have been dangerously outdated even then. I'm counting one, two, three... fourteen safety violations." Mrs. Beakley said. "Oh, come on. Every time the Sunchaser goes down, she always gets right back up in the air." Launchpad said. "'Every time?' I allow the children to travel with you because I assume you're keeping them safe." Mrs. Beakley said. "Ach, jengs! Launchpad, give the old bird a tour of the old bird to show her there's nothing to worry about. I'll take the wheel-stick thingie." Scrooge said. "Sorry, when did you learn to fly a massive cargo plane?" Mrs. Beakley asked. "Please, I'm Scrooge McDuck. If Launchpad can do it, how hard can it be?" Scrooge asked. "Not very!" Launchpad said. Launchpad soon began to give Mrs. Beakley a tour.