Thy Side...

Atsumu was a god and Tobio was a
high school student who came barging in his life.
Both of them lives in a different world but still meet and brought meaning in each other's existence.

The other gods didn't approve of his closeness with the boy and demanded him to break ties. He was engraged
and hate the fact that they're right.

When humans and yokais meet, they tend to hurt one another and it's better to live without humans knowing they exist.

He wants to stay with Tobio, to be able to laugh, smile and gaze under the same sky with the boy by his side.
Yet fate seems to oppose their unsual relationship, because Tobio got hurt, because of him, because he was different.

"Tobio do you think that it's better if we don't meet each other at all?"

"I'm not really sure if I can say that my life is better cuz of you."

"Hey!"

"Still I'm glad that I met you. Thank you Atsumu-san."

He stares at the boy, the boy he adores,
the one he wants to keep close. He gazes at the setting sun, admiring the scenery in front of them. Tobio's chest rises as he breathes and Atsumu lost count on how many times he called the boy beautiful.

"I'm happy too Tobio."

"Hm."

"Are you sleeping?"

The god didn't get a response so he laughs. He took a look at Tobio one last time and made the decision.

"I'm sorry I have to do this Tobio. I hope you can forgive me."

He settles his hand at Tobio's eyes, covering them while he chants a spell. A spell that he regrets doing but he had too. A blinding light surrounds them and the wind got stronger making the leaves and branches dance through it.

"Goodbye Tobio and thank you."

~~

Tobio opens his eyes, the dark sky welcoming him, the moon gazing at him.
He peeks at his side just to find out that his companion was missing. He thought that the god have already left so he also took his leave.

He came back again for the next day but the god was nowhere to be found. The following day he returns and wonders why he didn't see any yokai along his way.  He would stay at the shrine, sometimes he would clean it, sometimes he would lay and sleep under its roof.

He don't want to accpept it but that day was his last at seeing Atsumu. He calls for the god but no one answers, no one came, Atsumu  was gone.

The god watch the retreating back of the boy, slowly walking and leaving the mountain. He feels hurt and lonely as he saw how Tobio looks for him every single day since he cast the spell. The boy didn't know but he never left his side that night, he couldn't and he wouldn't dare.

"If you're hurting why did you do it?"

His twin asked standing beside him, disappointment showing at his face.

"The pain will disappear as it was for the best."

And Osamu eyes his twin who wears a gloomy expression while staring at the human. He hates to see his brother like this
and choose not to say anything because he lacks understanding about human and yokai relationship.

"Shouldn't you at least hear his side before deciding, what if he resents you now?"

"He can grow to hate me even though he is not the type to be like that. I'll just hope that he can still remember that I treasure him
dearly."

~~

The world revolves as the new day approaches and renew moment
for everyone. Tobio lost his power to see things that normal people can't, yet
he still comes back in the mountain, to talk to the wind at their usual spot,
sitting in the grass as he gazes at the passing clouds.

"Atsumu-san?"  Silence.  "Nothing huh?"

He sighs as the silence that's only talking to him and laughs thinking that
once he got his sight back, he'll give that god a good beating.

👑
Notes:
Yeah feeding you some short one cuz I'm still finishing the "Falling for you' shit that I wrote. Just did this one on a whim, inspired by Natsume Yuujinchou tho.