petals for you

Osamu stares at his twin sitting in the bed, white sheets wrapped around him

Osamu stares at his twin sitting in the bed, white sheets wrapped around him. He boringly watch the other plucks some petals from the sunflower he's holding. The bright yellow petals scattered creating a mess slightly complementing the white theme of the room.

"Would you stop that 'Tsumu!" He shouts at his twin who doesn't reply instead Atsumu just pouts and continues the thing that keeps him busy at the moment.

The younger twin couldn't help but sighs at the childish behaviour of his brother. Lately Atsumu picked up the habit of doing this, plucking out the petals one by one while saying 'he's gonna come' and 'he's not gonna come'. He feels sorry for himself for having to deal with this early in the morning.

It took all his might not to grabbed the flower from his brother, he cursed and took his phone out. He was surprised to see five missed calls and 18 line messages from the man that his twin was waiting for. Osamu was about to call back when at the exact time his phone rings displaying a well known name in his screen.

The man sitting in the bed didn't even bother to asked who his brother is talking to. He was busy for the third flower in his hands, drops of water was wetting the sheets as he took the last one from the vase. He knows that the man will be mad at him for doing this but it's been a month that he couldn't see his lover. The perks of being in  a relationship with a famous volleyball player, calling in different time zones, saying goodbye and I love you's at the phone call.

He misses him, his scent, his warmth, his presence and his whole existence. He loves burying his finger through those soft dark locks, secretly inhaling the fruity smell. Those tiny kisses shared inside their apartment and those cringe date sites that they go to. Oh how he wishes to go outside, packed bags and booked a flight straight to Rome where his lover is.

His mood became gloomy as he was always waiting, expecting that someone tall and good looking  with a frown on his face will enter his room. He wants to see another faces yet he's stuck with his twin, his parents visits him weekly and his team mates drop by on whim.

Atsumu eyes the mess that he made so he gathers the petals, scoops them up and throwing them in the air which earned him another scolding from his brother. He replies that he was bored and that made Osamu shut up and begrudgingly searched for the broom to clean the floor.

"He's not coming today either."

"You sure about that?" The grey haired man asked as he sweeps the floor. He lets his idiot of a brother contemplate his choices in life.

"Well the flower says so and it was never wrong." Atsumu reasoned out, remembering whether something really came true by plucking out some petals. He glares at the man in front of him and buries himself under the covers.

The two men didn't talk for a minute but was disturbed by the gentle knocks from the door. Atsumu who was somehow expecting someone urges his brother to hurry and open it. His excited expression was replaced by disappointment when a nurse walks in.