Chapter 1

Nayeon knows she should kick this habit. The stress of working on their comeback album combined with the late working hours had lead her to ask Chaeyoung for a smoke after a particularly tiring day.

She is tired of the disapproving glances she gets from Momo and Sana. She feels bad for Chaeyoung when Dahyun scolds her for offering the first smoke. Tzuyu hides her pack of cigarettes whenever she finds them. Jeongyeon gives her a sympathetic glance when she sneaks back into the dorm smelling of smokes and Jihyo magically appears out of nowhere with hands on her hips making Nayeon bow her head down ready for another long winded speech.

But what really bothers her the most is Mina's silence. The Japanese girl doesn't say much, preferring to keep her thoughts to herself , but Nayeon has known her long enough and she doesn't need words to know how the younger girl feels about this.

The first time she notices it is on the second day of her newfound habit. She doesn't miss the concern in Mina's dark brown eyes as she shuts the door to the balcony and shrugs off her jacket. Their eyes lock for a second and Nayeon feels guilty for some reason . She has a hard time reminding herself she's an adult and she's not answerable to anyone. A deafening silence hangs in the air between them and Nayeon expects her to say something, reprimand her or even yell at her but none of these things happen. The younger girl breaks their glance and her eyes travel back to the book in her hand.

"I thought it was a one time thing. You're smoking again today." Jihyo apparently has a smokedar just for her.

"Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon smoke too. Why can't I?" She whines petulantly like a child.

"Because you don't and you won't." Jihyo insists.

Nayeon doesn't quit.

The next time she notices how Mina really feels is when she walks into the studio after taking a smoking break with Jeongyeon and bumps into Mina. She is quick to catch the younger girl and steady her before she falls. She doesn't miss how she takes a breath and stiffens in her arms as the stench of cigarette assault her. Nayeon puts a respectable distance between them immediately and scratches the back of her neck offering her a sheepish grin. Mina still doesn't say anything.

The third time it happens is two days before their comeback album is about to release. Her feet are numb from all the dancing she has done and she really needs to feel something and cigarettes burning her lungs seems like a perfect idea. So she decides to slip into the terrace of their dance studio making sure nobody sees her sneak away. She shuts the door to the terrace, lights up the smoke and takes a deep drag. She moves the door handle and locks it and turns around only to come face to face with Mina.

She quickly throws the cigarette away , and chuckles nervously. The brown haired girl tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and looks at the older girl for a long second.

"I came to get some fresh air. I'll be out of your hair." She says softly. Nayeon lets out a heavy sigh.

"Minayah. I'll go with you." She walks them both to the coffee shop in their studio and when Mina talks about everything other than what she just witnessed makes Nayeon wish she'd just come right out and say how she disapproves of her behavior like the rest of her band mates.

And her wish finally comes true after their comeback album debuts.

They are back at their dorm surrounded by pizzas and fizzy drinks. The girls have had a long and eventful day and they want to unwind.

Some film is playing on the television but nobody is really paying attention to it. They're chatting and laughing and when Nayeon slips away with Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon for a smoke, Jihyo doesn't reprimand them because they're all too happy to care about her smoking.

Except for one person.

Nayeon grabs another pizza from the table and is talking to Dahyun who's making popcorn in the microwave when she feels a tap on her shoulder.

"Mina." Her bunny tooth appears in an adorable smile and Mina smiles back automatically because it's infectious.

"Nayeon." She bites her lip, hesitating as if she is contemplating something.

"Yes?" The older girl waits, eyes focusing on Mina.

"You are going to quit smoking." Mina takes her hand gently and places something on them.

Nayeon breaks into a laughter when she sees a pamphlet with big ass title How to quit smoking in 31 days staring at her.

Everyone's attention is on them now. Nayeon gathers herself and looks at the younger girl giving her a roguish grin. Mina stares at her with her arms crossed, not ready to back down from this.

"No, I'm not." She uncrosses the Japanese girl's arms and thrusts the pamphlet back into her hand.

"Scared you will fail?"

That gets her attention. She's never been one to backdown from a challenge. And Mina definitely knows this.

"Smooth, well played Minari." Sana gives her an air high five making Nayeon roll her eyes.

She takes a step closer to the younger girl and whispers in her ears. "Minayah, if I want something, I'll get it. "

She wiggles her eyebrows playfully and enjoys the pretty pink that coats Mina's cheeks at the innuendo.

" Then want this." Mina points to the pamphlet.

Nayeon rolls her eyes and chuckles.

"Come on Nayeoni. Where's the girl who loves a good dare?" Tzuyu asks through a mouthful of pizza.

Nayeon doesn't want to do this but Mina has a whole audience cheering for her and the older girl doesn't really like losing.

"What's in it for me? "

"Clean lungs?" Momo asks, earning a glare from Nayeon.

"I'll do anything to help you every day through this." Mina offers innocently, her big heart coming through for her friend. She instantly regrets her words when she sees Nayeon's face break into a big and devious grin.

"Anything huh?" The low timber of her voice sends a shiver across Mina's body. Nayeon could be dangerous when she wanted to. Mina, however, is as stubborn as Nayeon when she wants something, so she nods her head ready for anything the older girl might throw her way.

The room has grown deadly quiet and Nayeon is staring at Mina with an obnoxious smile. She knows exactly what the girl likes and doesn't like and Mina doesn't like kisses.

"Kiss me on the lips at the end of day everyday for thirty one days if I don't smoke."

The microwave pings signaling the popcorn is ready. Dahyun reaches for the popcorn with a stupid smile plastered on her face like she's watching a reality show. Jihyo's mouth is agape. Jeongyeon's pizza is midair in her hand. Sana and Chaeyoung's eyes grow comically. Momo chokes on her water and Tzuyu slaps her back gently her eyes never leaving the pair.

Mina finally finds her voice after a painfully long moment. "I'm sorry, what? " She asks, her eyes widening.

The brown eyes in front of her twinkles with mischief. " You will have to kiss me on the lips every day for thirty one days. "

Nayeon finishes with a toothy smile, knowing fully well she had won this conversation. There is no way Mina is going to take this deal.

"Okay."

The mocking grin on her face dies a quick death. "Okay?" She squeaks , drawing a collective laughter from her band mates .

"This is going to be so much fun." Dahyun announces, munching on popcorn.