Chapter 6

Momo slaps the back of Nayeon's head earning an ouch from her.

"Whatever you did, fix it." She says looking at Mina who's getting ready for an onstage performance. "I don't like how sad she looks."

Nayeon sees it too. She wonders why she looks this sad lately, what with the deal off the table shouldn't she be happy and carefree?

She wishes she could put a smile on her face but it's hard to do that when the brown haired girl is avoiding her. It's been two weeks since the deal was off, she still hasn't said a single word to Nayeon. Almost as if she's repulsed by everything Nayeon has put her through.

"You're an idiot." Sana tells her after a couple of days when Mina is in Japan with her family and Nayeon is missing her terribly.

"Why?"

"Why did you have to pretend that it was all a deal to you?"

"I was a deal to her." She throws a pebble into the pond.

"Don't be stupid. Do you really think Mina will just agree to kiss anyone?" She slaps her arm and Nayeon is tired of her band mates having a go at her when Mina feels the same way.

"It's not my fault that she agreed to kiss me. I didn't force her god." She puts her hands up and defends haughtily.

"You're really more dense than I thought." Sana looks beyond exasperated and Nayeon sulks because she just wants Mina to come back so she can at least look at her. She misses seeing her face.

Nayeon writes a poem everyday while Mina is away. The words flow out of her with ease and it doesn't surprise her much that they're all about Mina.

Mina comes back after a week.

Nayeon is not in the living room but she's swamped in a hug from Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Momo. You'd think she's back from war the way they're being so dramatic.

They're making dinner and her eyes often glances at the door to Nayeon's room. Out of sight out of mind has done nothing to change her feelings apparently.

Nayeon finally emerges out of the room around eight. She rubs her eyes like a child and stretches. She's wearing a baseball cap , baseball T-shirt and joggings. And Mina's heart just melts that little bit more at how adorable she looks.

She quickly looks away because she doesn't want to be caught staring.

Nayeon walks to the dinner table and sits on one of the chair. She is still sleepy and groggy and her mood has been terrible for days. She finally looks up at Jihyo and Tzuyu who are making dinner. "Do you need help?"

"Nah, Mina already cut the vegetables." Tzuyu waves her off.

Nayeon nods sleepily and Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are counting down the seconds to when the light bulb would go off in her head.

It does in two seconds. Nayeon's eyes widen comically as she frantically looks up and there right across her is Mina.

Mina is not looking at her but god how much she had missed this beautiful face. She wants to jump across the table and take her in a bone crushing hug but she settles for just looking at her.

"Stop staring at her like a psycho and go talk to her like a normal person." Momo nudges her.

Nayeon refuses to upset the younger girl on her first day back. She doesn't talk but she lets her gaze linger on her throughout the dinner.

Mina feels the intense stare aimed at her and it throws her off balance. A rosy blush rises to her cheeks and she is thankful for the heat in kitchen on which she could blame it on.

Nayeon doesn't stop writing the poems. Because Mina is starting to look more and more beautiful in her eyes and she feel something warm and fuzzy every time she glances at her. Sexual attraction isn't supposed to make your heart swell, does it?

"You're an idiot." Tzuyu says.

"You're not the first person to say that. " Nayeon sighs.

"You have warm fuzzy feelings and you mop around the house because you can't bear to stay away from her, you think she's the most beautiful girl in the world, you stare at her longingly like a total loser and your heart swells and you write bloody love poems about her.." Tzuyu stops Nayeon just as she's about to open her mouth.

"Don't even deny it. I saw your hidden loser journal and read the poems. "

Nayeon looks offended.

"You're in love. That's what this is. "

Nayeon gasps. It finally hits her like a ton of bricks. "Oh my god. I'm in love. "

"There you go Einstein." Tzuyu rolls her eyes. How could someone be so oblivious to their own feelings?

Nayeon is suddenly hyper aware of just how in love she is. When Mina's lips curve into a smile she smiles too. When she tucks a lock of hair behind her ears she wants to cup her cheeks. When she eats , her lips part just a little and she wants nothing more than to taste them. When she laughs, it's musical and sounds like heaven.

"Eight minutes." A hand is in front of her face.

"What?" She asks pushing Jeongyeon's hands away to get a better view of the girl she's in love with.

"You've been staring at her for eight minutes. That's a new record, congrats!" Jeongyeon sniggers.

"Because I'm in love, did you know I am in love with her?" Nayeon states it in astonishment, never taking her eyes off the Japanese girl.

"Congrats again?" Jeongyeon chuckles.

Mina is aware of the eyes on her. She convinces herself Nayeon is just curious as to why she's avoiding her. It's still not enough to stop the constant blush on her face.

Mina continues to avoid her. It's been four weeks since she had said a word to her.

They have a photoshoot and Nayeon is tucked into a black and white pantsuit again. The tie on her neck won't stay in place and she's tired of constantly having to adjust it.

"Jihyo, help me with this tie." She whines like a child in front of Jihyo's dressing room.

"I'm bad at it. Minari, here help her. " She drags the girl from behind the curtains and pushes her in front of Nayeon.

Nayeon takes a sharp breath because Mina is wearing a tight black figure hugging dress that clings on to her accentuating the right curves. The low cut neck leaves little to imagination. Her hair is styled to perfection and she looks like she walked out of someone's dream.

Mina should take a step back she knows. She is standing dangerously close to a Nayeon in suit. And a Nayeon in suit is her weakness.

She licks her suddenly dry lips and clears her throat to clear the cloud of arousal that hits her strongly at the way Nayeon is devouring her with her eyes.

She leans up and smoothes down the collar of Nayeon's shirt and begins to knot the tie. When it's done she smoothes down the front of the shirt and let her hand linger there for a heartbeat.

"Thank you." Nayeon husks.

Mina nods and steps back. Her throat is too dry to form words.

She goes back behind the curtains and Nayeon just stands there holding a calming hand to her erratically beating heart.

"They're going to set the studio on fire at this rate." Sana notes with a chuckle and looks to Dahyun who's munching on popcorn that seems to magically appear in her hand every time a moment happens between Mina and Nayeon.

"Wanna bet ten bucks on when they're gonna have sex?" Dahyun asks Sana.

"We're in." Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung , Tzuyu and Momo chorus before Sana answers. Laughing at her friends, Sana places a wager too.