Chapter 10

Mina waits, with every bard breath, with every passing day for Nayeon to ask her out. It doesn't come.

The flowers and the poems don't stop.

"When are you going to woman up and ask her out?" Sana is running out of patience seeing this dance between her bandmates.

"When I feel like I deserve her!"

"So that's like never." Sana scoffs.

Nayeon rolls her eyes. "Four months from now. In March."

Sana finally realises she's waiting for the perfect moment and what could be more perfect than Mina's birthday. She used to think fairytales existed only in books but she is seeing a real life fairytale unfold right in front of her eyes.

December rolls around bringing snow and Christmas along with it. Mina spends her Christmas early with her family and returns to the dorm two days before Christmas. Nayeon is only coming back in the morning of Christmas Eve.

She packs her gifts for all her bandmates and hides them under her bed.

The next morning she hears the keys turning in the door and knows from the scurrying footsteps that Nayeon is back from home. Her heart races a little with a longing to see the face she's missed in the past four days.

She opens the door to the living room and looks dejected to find that Nayeon isn't there.

"Looking for someone?" Jeongyeon teases.

"No."

"She's snoring in her room. Apparently cold and tired. You can warm her up though, I'm sure she'd appreciate that." Jeongyeon is relentless.

She ignores her and decides to make pancakes for breakfast. She knows how much Nayeon loves them.

"Come and help me Jeongyeon." She calls from the kitchen.

"Oh you're making pancakes? Nayeon's favorites?" Jeongyeon chuckles. "You're like her wife or something you know."

Deep colour rises to Mina's face and she swats at Jeongyeon with a kitchen towel.

"Who's whose wife?" Nayeon appears in the kitchen looking sleep deprived and adorable.

"I was telling Mina she's like your- "

Mina quickly covers her mouth with a hand and yelps when Jeongyeon licks it. She snatches her hand away to wash it in the sink.

Nayeon is too sleepy to pay any attention to their weird behavior. And she's missed Mina too much to bother about anything else.

Mina turns around to look at Nayon after washing her hand and Nayeon falls into her for a hug that connects the length of their body , molding them into each other. Mina stumbles a little and leans on the counter as she continues to hold the sleepy girl in her arms.

"I think you should get comfortable. She's practically dozing off on top of you. "

Nayeon flips her the bird. "I'm not."

"Not yet." Jeongyeon laughs.

Jeongyeon has to carry Nayeon to the couch because two minutes later she's softly snoring on Mina's shoulder.

"Who knew you could fall asleep standing straight?" Jeongyeon scoffs as she helps Mina make the batter.

Mina wishes she could have kept her in her arms a little longer.

When Nayeon wakes up she claps her hand excitedly and chows down on the pancakes.

"Minayah, thank you." She says, her cheeks bulging with how much pancakes she's shoved her face with and Mina melts a little at how cute she looks.