Chapter 7

The hands on her wrist burn where the fingers meet her skin. She tries to wriggle out of the grasp but the grip is tender yet strong.

"Jihyo is going to get mad if we don't go. " She tries logic.

"I want to talk to you. "

"Now is not the time. " Mina avoids the searching glance.

"You haven't had time in a month and thirteen days Minayah."

Has she been keeping count? Mina's heart tugs a little.

"Girls hurry up or we are going to be late to the airport." Jihyo's voice echoes loudly across the corridor.

Mina pries her hand away and Nayeon sighs defeatedly as the younger girl walks away.

Nayeon doesn't try after that.

"I hate that kicked puppy look on her face." Tzuyu tells Mina, but her voice is laced with concern.

Mina looks at who Tzuyu is talking about and her gaze lands on Nayeon who is sitting in the the window seat of the airplane and staring at the switch in her hand. She's not playing, she's just staring at it, twisting it around with a pensive look on her face.

And Mina's heart aches a little.

"I know you're an idiot and it's really not in my place to tell you this but she's in love with you and it's going to take a hundred years before you figure that out so there you go, you're welcome. "

Sana has taken her to a coffee shop and started yelling the moment they found an alone spot. Nayeon just stares and stares at her for a long while .

"It's not the first of April." She laughs.

"Don't make me punch you. "

"I heard her telling you that it was a just a deal between us." Nayeon crosses her arms.

"She said it was just a deal to you, maybe you should have eavesdropped properly." Sana aims a tissue ball at her head.

"I wasn't eavesdropping!!" Nayeon blushes brightly.

"I don't know what sadistic masochist part of her agreed to go through this deal with an oblivious blind idiot with who for some reason she has been in love with for two years?"

"What do you mean?" Nayeon's heart clenches tightly.

"You heard every word right."

Nayeon hates herself a little after that. A girl she's in love with has loved her back and she had been completely blind to it. She knows she'll never deserve Mina's forgiveness but that doesn't mean she shouldn't ask for it.

So she does. With little gestures.

When their manager brings them flowers from their fans, she sends her own bunch of red roses to Mina. It's not signed, Mina is not going to take it if she knows it's from her.

The tiny curve of lips she sees when Mina gets the flowers makes her heart squeeze in its chest.

Mina knows the red roses are from Nayeon, she pretends she doesn't know but that doesn't stop her from taking a petal from each bunch and keeping it in a notebook like a lovesick fool which she is sure she is.

There are more Japanese groceries in the kitchen shelves. She knows Nayeon has done it. Because only she knows she likes red roses, only Nayeon knows what food she likes, she has always been an amazing friend like that and Mina feels bad for ignoring her. It isn't Nayeon's fault that she caught feelings.

She still doesn't talk to her.

Her manager leaves a perfectly made cup of coffee and bagels on her makeup stand. He always ruins her order. Never once got them right. When Nayeon walks into the studio after him, unusually late, Mina knows who got her coffee order right.

When she gets back to her room after a lunch with her friends she gasps at what she finds. The window that usually looked out to a factory, a view which Mina hates and moans about, is hidden by bunch of flowers and vines and her room looks like a magical fairy tale land.

Sana reluctantly claims to have done it, but the sand sticking on Nayeon's shoes which is hidden under her cupboard and the muddy    T-shirt she finds in the laundry tells her a different story.

She wants to tell her to stop. She has nothing to be guilty about. She wants to tell her they can be friends again but they're bickering instead.

Mina walks into her dressing room and finds the young journalist who has been interviewing Nayeon kiss her. Nayeon pushes her away but Mina's blood boils even though she knows she has no right to feel this way. She stomps out of the room and hears Nayeon calling after her.

"I didn't know she was going to kiss me." She puts a foot between the door before Mina could slam it shut.

"You can kiss who you want." Mina twirls around having given up trying to close the door.

"I don't want to kiss anyone. I only want to kiss you." Nayeon takes her wrist and tugs her closer.

Mina's eyes turn into slit with anger. Her cheeks are red and Nayeon finds her incredibly hot. "Bored without any challenges ? Do you want another deal?" She spits out every word with bite.

"No, I just want you." Nayeon's voice is thick with desire and Mina shoves her away with a hand to her chest.

"I'm not here to play games with you. "

Nayeon pulls her closer, wrapping her in her arms. Mina puts both her hand on the taller girl's chest and uses all her strength to get away but Nayeon is stronger.

"I'm not playing games Mina. I'm in love with you." She emphasizes each word clearly so the message gets across.

Mina's eyes widens with disbelief. She shakes her head as she tries to get away from her once again.

Nayeon lets her.

"Minayah!" Nayeon's voice is barely a whisper. "I guess I've always been in love with you, it just took me a long while to realize it. I'm sorry for everything I put you through. "

Mina hears the taller girl's voice breaking, sobs muffled behind them. Her own heart breaks in the process. She closes her eyes as hot tears well under them.

She lets Nayeon walk out the door even though all she wants to do is run after her and tell she's madly in love with her too.

But she doesn't.

She is too scared, hurting and reeling from all the past wounds to believe Nayeon really feels that way about her.