Chapter 9

She is tired of wanting and aching so bad. Mina is away for two days with her family again and Nayeon misses her terribly.

When she comes back, she hugs all her band mates quickly. Nayeon is just standing there , taking her in, staring at her with such fondness in her eyes it's making Mina's heart flutter in her chest.

She walks past the members and approaches the older girl shyly. "Hi."

Nayeon smiles at the bashful expression on her face. "Hi."

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Mina whispers because the affection and the fondness in those brown eyes are starting to affect her.

"You're just so beautiful." Nayeon shrugs like it's the most obvious thing in the world and takes her in a hug and Mina is thankful for it because she doesn't want Nayeon to see how red her face has become.

"I've missed you." She breathes into the taller girl's shoulders. Nayeon just holds her tighter and the bandmates disperse around them not wanting to break the serene moment.

Chaeyoung manages to take a picture before she goes to her room.

The roses don't stop coming, the coffee order is always right, her favorite groceries are always stocked, the flowers and vines in her window are well watered and taken care of and Mina's heart swells bigger everyday with the love she feels for her bandmate.

"Ask her again, she's not going to say no." Dahyun insists to Nayeon.

"How do you know?"

" I just know. Take a leap of faith mon ami." She pats her head affectionately.

So Nayeon does just that.

She approaches Mina who's reading a book in the balcony and clears her throat before she spits out the next words nervously.

"I haven't smoked today."

Mina raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow not knowing where the older girl is going with this.

"Okay."

"Can I get a kiss?" Nayeon scratches her neck nervously and Mina bites back a smile at how adorable and nervous she looks.

"I don't kiss people I'm not in a relationship with."

Nayeon sighs. Of course she's going to get rejected.

"Okay. I'll leave you to your book."

Mina shakes her head in disbelief at the taller girl scurrying away from her.

Nayeon avoids her after that for a couple of days and Momo is sick of her moping around the house.

"When Dahyun said ask her again she didn't mean ask for a kiss. She meant ask her out." She chides her gently.

Nayeon gapes at her. "I didn't think that through. Did I? Anyway she clearly mentioned that she's not willing to kiss me so why would she go out with me?"

Momo laughs incredulously. "She said she's not going to kiss people she's not in a relationship with. Maybe she wants you to ask her to be your girlfriend, hello?"

Nayeon's eyes grow even wider.

"Treat her like a princess and then ask her out. Make her believe in your love. Give her the love she deserves. Don't be a horndog and ask her to suck faces with you again." Chaeyoung, the ever wise love guru dishes out the advice.

Mina is making dinner and Nayeon offers to help her. Mina is glad she's not avoiding her anymore so she accepts the offer and they work in comfortable silence alongside each other. When Jihyo walks into the kitchen the scene looks so domestic she wants to shed a happy tear.