#2 - Jackie x Chase

Info piece: Henrick is at work, Marvin is out for supplies, Robbie and JJ are at the Iplier Manor, and Anti is out on his own.

Warning/s: Crying, mentions of divorce, kinda just sad at first until about the end

JackieBoyMan's Perspective
I stretch as I close the door behind me. Another successful day! I listen to the silence that greets me. Guess everyone is out today. Guess I'll just go to my room and play some video games or something. Just as I'm about to pass Chase's door I hear a sound that stops me. I press my ear against the door and hear cracked sobs. Immediately concerned, I open the door without knocking.

"Chase?! Are you alright?!" Chase looks up at me, eyes filled with tears as he falls to pieces again. I come in and rush over to him. Wrapping my arms around him, I quietly console him, holding him close to me as he just sobs and sobs. After a long while, Chase finally settles down to just hiccups and sniffles. I move back slightly and wipe the tears off his face. I smile warmly.

"You wanna talk about it?" I pull my masks up and have it rest on my head as I wait for Chase's answer.

"It hurts Jackie." I assume he's talking about Stacy and the kids.

"She just won't let me see them." I sigh softly as I hold Chase close to me again.

"I just wanna see my kids again." I rub his shoulder and continue to listen. Chase goes on to tell me the entire story from when they met to when it ended, and the aftermath of it all too. I wait until Chase has settled from the explanation to talk.

"That's rough Chase. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but I'm so proud of you. You've pushed through it all, you stopped drinking so much and kept it to celebrations only, you made friends and you did your best to be positive. I'm so so proud of you for being here and fighting through this." Chase looks up at me, eyes filled with tears.

"Really?" I smile and nod.

"Yup! You've done so much and you deserve some praise for it. You're really a wonderful person Chase." Chase laughs, his laugh sounded broken. My eyes soften.

"I know your kids miss you too. One day, when they're able to handle themselves, they'll come find you and you'll get to see them again. For now though, just do the best you can to get by and grow and I'm sure everything will work out for the better." Chase sniffles and I wipe his tears again.

"Thanks, Jackie." I hug him tightly.

"Of course Chase, anytime." Chase smiles through his tears as I smile, holding him close to me.

"I love you, Jackie." I kiss the top of his head.

"I love you too, Chase."

Author's Note
A bit short, but probably welcome after that three-parter last time :) I'm not particularly good with fleshing out topics like this, sometime I feel the details can get excessive. I noticed I've been trying to flesh out things so much to reach an unknown word count that I just started to lose interest in my writing. This is why I'll be more simplistic in my writing and hopefully, this will allow me to push out content for real and help me enjoy writing again.

~NightShade