Chapter 3: It begins

Hopes P.O.V

Monday came without warning and I couldn't be any happier. I was in such a good mood that I decided to wait outside my office building for the brunette. And just like I predicted there she was, quickly approaching 10 minutes early. Punctual as always. She looked cute in a white blouse, and light blue jeans with brown ankle boots. Her cardigan was light brown that finished off the look perfectly. God she looked so beautiful. Once she stood in front of me I handed her a coffee, that I knew she would love. It was instinct that I caught myself doing when I walked into her favorite coffee shop and placed the order.

"Let's talk in my office shall we" I opened the door signaling her to enter. She looked at me a bit suspiciously. She took a sip of the coffee, smiling.

"Thank you" She said as she entered while I followed behind. One would think she was the boss. I sped up my pace so I could get in front of her. Everyone's eyes were on me like always, except this time they began to whisper with one another probably wondering who this girl behind me was. No one got the memo of a new employee or that the company was having a visitor. Some smiled and other nudged each other's arms pointing at Josie. True it pissed me off knowing exactly what they were talking about. Eyeing her like she was fresh meat up for grabs. No, if anyone dared do such a thing I'd have their heads. I turned towards Josie and saw her head down rubbing her arm. I stopped causing her to crush into me.

"Sorry" she mumbled not moving away from my back. She was... nervous and scare holding onto the hem of my shirt. I let out a sigh turning around and placed my finger on her chest. She looked down and I brought my finger up flicking her nose causing her head to raise slightly. "Seriously" she finally smiled playfully rolling her eyes.

That little nose flick was something I've always done. Whenever Josie was sad, worried, nervous, or scared she would let her head hang down. I always had to make sure she kept her head up. Josie was someone who looked better when she held her head high, like the perfect girl she was. I didn't want her to feel helpless, but to know there was nothing that could hurt her if she saw me right in front of her. It always comforted her and made her feel better.

"Keep your head up, love." I softly spoke hoping I didn't overstep my boundaries. I didn't know what level of friends we were in, and what Josie was comfortable with. But still, to me she was still my Josie. And my body and heart knew it too; since everything I did came natural and instinctively. She was the only one that had the effect on me.

I began to walk ahead going towards the stairwell of the building next to the elevator. Josie had to quickly grab my arm before I went further. "Hope, it's 80 stories. Have you always taken the stairs" she asked. I simply nodded my head.

She held my hand tightly as I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I could feel myself physically shaking in fear as we stepped into the metal box. "It will only take a minute or two, relax babe." Josie tried to calm me down as much as She could.

As soon as the doors closed and the elevator began to go up I hugged Josie tightly from behind. I felt my heart pounding and my breathing becoming rapid. I was on the verge of a panic attack and all I wanted was for the ride to end quickly.

"So I watched the Chelsea and Bayern Munich game the other day and let me tell you that was not a penalty kick. The goalie didn't even touch him." Josie began to ramble about her favorite soccer teams going against each other trying to distract me. It seemed to work since I felt myself loosen up a bit.

"You're just mad Bayern won" I mumbled in Josie's back. I laughed a bit happy; Josie was able to calm me down. And great timing since we finally arrived at the top floor. I grabbed Josie's hand walking out of the elevator and towards my office. "T-thank you" I softly spoke still a little bit shaken up.