Chapter 27: There's A Reason

Narrator P.O.V

Breakfast was the worst morning ever for Hope. She hated how Penelope would show up at her house without warning. It didn't help that it was Josie who had invited her to stop by. Normally she wouldn't hesitate to kick the girls teeth in after that stunt she pulled by kissing her fiancé, but for Josie sake she relented. She felt blocked in her own home, the only place she could have alone time to talk to Josie.

Currently the two began to prep their breakfast. As always Penelope took it upon her self to make breakfast for both her and Josie while Hope made her own. Hope made herself some strawberry crepes with mascarpone cream with caramel and chocolate drizzle on top. While Penelope made Josie some omelette with chopped vegetables, ham, cheese, with cucumbers avocados on the side.

"Wow park that's uh... very healthy breakfast" Hope tried to be civil, tried to hold that unyielding rage she was building up. She blamed the sex she had last night. Because of that, Josie had Hope wrapped around her finger. And she'll play nice if it meant keeping Josie in their bed.

"Of course, Josie needs to get better and healthy foods is the best medicine" Penelope smiled and placed the plate down in front of Josie. Hope put her fork down and looked at the younger girl curiously.

"Try it Jo" Penelope said excitedly. Hope saw Josie tense up and gulp, even a little sweat drop ran down the girl forehead. Josie laughed nervously and took a bite off the food.

"Can you get me some juice" Josie asked Penelope. When her back was turned Hope saw Josie gag before spitting onto a napkin. She noticed Hope laughing at her struggle.

"Here you go... I have to go and help my dad at his office so I'll see you later" Penelope told Josie giving her a pat on her shoulder. Josie just smiled and nodded. As soon as Josie saw Penelope leave she turned to Hope.

"Trade breakfast with me" Josie pleaded.

"What no" Hope laughed taking a bite of her delicious crepes.

"You're my fiancé shouldn't you be the one to make me breakfast" Josie scolded.

"Shouldn't you say no to Park. She's consistently doing what suppose to be "my job" and you let her. Honestly it's stupid... what happened to talking to her" Hope threw her fork down leaning back on her seat.

"I'm trying to find the right words to let her down gently." Josie softly sighed. "She's my best friend"

"You keep saying she's your best friend. But don't you think a real bestfriend would know that you're allergic to egg whites. Or how much you hate tomatoes. If she tries to kiss you again I can't guarantee her survival." Hope gets up and takes her plate and switches it with Josie. She begins to eat the omelette much to her displeasure. Josie ate the crepes and a smile creeped onto her face. She's cupped Hopes face and pulled her into a kiss. What was supposed to be a quick peck, turned into a soft passionate kiss that neither wanted to pull away from.

"I love you not her. There will never be anything between her and I...I will talk to her don't worry. This is really good. Thank you" Josie smiled at the girl finally breaking away from the kiss. "Let's talk about us. You said we were in middle school together. Can you tell me about yourself" Josie curiously asked.

"Mmm I wasn't the smartest kid in school. Always got into trouble and fights. I was a lot shorter than I am now, and my voice was much higher. I was cold hearted towards everyone. But to you I was polite and kinda soft. I'm really different from now".

"Now days your "ain't I cool for overachieving" always putting on airs like that" Josie laughed trying to describe Hope.

"Then I guess I will achieve something." Hope placed Josie in a headlock rubbing her head with her knuckles. Josie begins to tap out.