Chapter 16: You Can Buy Everything

Josie P.O.V

Saturday came and went like no other. It was a simple day that was spend with my sister. She was actually the one that forced me to go and have a shopping spree. It didn't occur to me that she only wanted me for Hopes credit card. I was getting a little annoyed with Lizzie, somehow making me feel like a gold digger. Every time Lizzie wanted something I had to call Hope and ask her permission to buy it. Hope always said yes and at one point called Lizzie to tell me to stop calling her and buy whatever she wanted. It still didn't feel right to me though.

Currently we were at Louis Vuitton looking at shoes for Lizzie. She looked like some kid at a candy store looking at everything they had. I couldn't help but notice a few of the sales associates looking at me weird. Probably thinking I couldn't afford it. Who could blame them, I wasn't exactly dressed like a rich girl would. I just had simple shorts and a jacket with white converse. But still I hated their judgmental looks.

I was looking around a few shoes and notice the prices. How do people spend this much money for shoes. I moved away from the shoes and looked at the backpacks. They were cute and simple. I figured maybe I could buy one. When I reached to grab it I felt another hand reach for the same bag. I looked up and saw none other then Penelope park.

"Josie" she said smiling. I smiled too. I didn't know how to feel about this girl. Was she just playing around, or did she actually have some interior motive. "This bag looks good. I think it will suit you really well." She said handing me the backpack I was reaching for. "I'm sorry about what happened last week. I didn't think Hope would snap like that. I was only playing around" she said sincerely.

"It's fine. Hope is just a little over protective. Plus her short temper doesn't really help." I told the girl whilst I checked out the bag.

"So are you and Hope really engaged" she asked curiously. The cat was already out of the bag thanks to Hope so there was no point in hiding it.

"Yeah. I mean she can be a bit domineering sometimes."

"True, but when it comes to you she has a pretty good temper. I've seen how she talks to others versus how she talks to you. She doesn't once yell at you. She used to calling the shots at work. It probably affects her personal life." Penelope said trying to give me some form of comfort.

"I know, right? When she doesn't like something there's no room for discussion. She always has so many rules and demands" I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"You should really get this bag. It's good quality and it's pretty spacious."  She changed the subject. I looked around the bag to find a price tag. There wasn't any but there was a little sales plate on the table by the bag. I looked at it and my eyes widen. 1,800$ who the hell would spend this much for a backpack. I never looked at the price when Lizzie asked me to buy her stuff. I didn't even pay attention when the sales rep told me the total cost since I was on the phone with Hope to make sure she was okay with me spending money. How much of hopes money have I been spending on Lizzie.

"No, this is way too expensive. I ran through my credit card yesterday." I placed the bag back down on the table.

"Just have Hope buy it for you. I'm sure she wouldn't mind buying something for her fiancé. So, of course, she wouldn't be stingy with you." She picked it back up and handed it to me once more.

"But I don't want to..." I whined.

"We'll take this bag, don't worry about it" Penelope asked one of the associates. "If you really aren't comfortable with it, I'll buy it for you" she smiled heading towards the cashier.

"No don't do that. I have another card." I reach down my bag and pull out hopes black card. Penelope's eye widen. "I'll just use this one, I guess. Give me a minute. I'll go pay" I turned around.