Chapter 31: No More Secrets

Hope and Josie were walking towards the parking garage of the hotel early the next morning. Hope decided she didn't want to stay any longer then what was needed knowing Roman was there. She scouted the area almost a little paranoid of her surroundings. Once they got to Hope car she quickly unlocked the doors. Before Josie could get to the passenger side Hope grabbed her arm pulling her away from the car.

"Stay here I'm going to start the car" Hope said turning back to the car. Josie raising a brow looking at Hope like she'd gone crazy. "You never know. There could be explosives." Hope walked towards the car slowly.

"W-what? You want to die?" Josie yelled a little confused and angry.

"Then should you die?" Hope rolled her eyes and got into the car. Hope gulped as she pressed the button to turn on the car. She closed her eyes tightly as the car began to roar echoing through the garage. Hope opened one eye then the other laughing as if she just survived death. She turned towards Josie who had her hand planted onto her forehead shaking it slightly. While making her way towards the car. Once she got in she buckled her seat belt and glared at Hope in disbelief. She felt as though Hope was being a lot over protective.

The two were in the car driving around the city. It was nice and quiet unlike previous days where Josie and Hope would bicker about little things to annoy each other or have some fun doing car karaoke. However this peace was one of the few things she loved most of all. Just being by Josie side, not having to worry about her foolishness and stubbornness that she's been force to think about. She wanted to keep this between them. She wasn't going to lie, Romana words scared her. Not for her safety but for Josies. Penelope drugged Josie in order to forget her, if she would go that far who know what else she is cable of.

Hope turned towards Josie, the sunlight hitting the younger girl slightly in her eyes. Her once chocolate eyes were now gold for a mere moment they were so beautiful. Hope smiled before returning her gaze back towards the road. If she could she would drive endlessly only to be next to Josie. But once again her thoughts were clouded with the possible dangers she would be facing.

What she couldn't figure out was why they were so obsessed. At the same time she knew Josie was one of a kind who wouldn't be obsessed with her. But still, it made Hope angry that she couldn't really protect Josie as she'd like. Hope pursed her lips, her blue eyes shifting to Josie once more. She opened her mouth as if to say something and then closed it again. At last she took her right hand away from the stick shift and interlocked her fingers with Josies.

"Let's protect each other and stick together." Josie turned towards Hope with a flicker of a smile and a gaze that never wavered.

"You make it sound like we're going to war" Hope laughed a bit. Hope thought the whole thing was ludicrous. Roman actually following through with is threats were so far-fetched she could only believe her imagination had stitched it together to fill into her paranoia. "Let's not think about that right now. We are in Richmond Virginia just the two of us. What would you like to do"

"Do you have your inhaler" Josie gave a mischievous smile.

"Always... why what do you have in that mind of yours"

_______________

Hope and Josie were running around trying to shoot each other with paint balls as they hid behind a few obstacles. Josie was wearing black skinny jeans with knee pads as well as a black long sleeve shirt and chest protection. Along with elbow pads and a black face mask. Josie was squatting down back against the wall looking over her shoulder trying to find Hope. The trees that surround them made it harder, but it also made it 100x more fun.

Once Josie saw a piece of Hopes clothing revealing her hiding place behind a wooden wall she began to shoot. When the coast was clear Josie ran out of her hiding space and running further into the woods. There was a small hill. Josie turned back, noticing Hope running after her. Josie decided to slide down the hill instead of running which she did elegantly, causing dust to shot into the air, making a great smoke screen. She was thankful she was the best slide tackler in soccer so she knew the correct way to slide without getting hurt.