Chapter 29: No More Hesitating Im Right Here

"Do you remember, how we came up with that story" Hope took a deep breath anticipating Josies answer. Sure she knew the story word for word but she could of memorized it when she read it. And the old nickname was plastered in the front cover of the book. The real way to know if Josie had her memory was if she knew the story and why they created it in the first place. The true meaning of the book.

"You, Hope Andrea Mikaelson lived alone. You had your mom and your dad but they were always, always working. And you were in need of a friend. Especially since everyone at school was scared of you. They shunned you. So you were alone without anyone you could really talk to. So you hung around the problematic kids at school. That was until we met. That's when you showed a different side of you. You split yourself in two. Showing me what I know now to be love and affection, also protectiveness so I'd never leave you. So you would always have... a friend. Then, I became your other half. I was your kind heart, your lamb, while you were the protector the wolf" Josie smiled. Hope laughed a bit now confident that Josie had her memory back.

"Babe, you and I took a different path for a bit. We got lost for a minute... But, now we're okay. We, found each other. We always do" Josie smiled grabbing Hopes hand and bringing it up to her lips placing a soft kiss in back of her fiancé's hand.

Josie took the book and opened it. The first page she saw when she opened the book was Hope attempt at drawing. At first she wasn't that good, but after awhile it was like her drawing were coming to life. So beautiful and elegant. Josie always loved her drawings, especially her paintings. They were always full of color and brightness.

"Sorry, I didn't meant to Uh... look through your collection" Josie apologize for going through hopes secret box. She didn't mean to, she always respected Hopes privacy, but Josie was a curious person, and it always gotten the best of her. Especially when it came to Hope. But the one thing she couldn't seem to shake was her once colorful art, was now black and gray. True they were still beautiful pieces, but they felt sad. "Can I ask, why are your new drawings gray scale."

"It's hoarding babe, that's what I am, a hoarder. A bit of a hoarder" Hope muttered to herself. "I only kept the stuff that meant the most to me. Most of the stuff belongs to you though. My keepsake" Hope rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "As for my art— I paint and sketch, keeping my art black and white because my life lost color after you lift. I lost my muse, and I lost the beauty in the world. But my painting only became depressed when my parents died. Nothing was ever the same through my eyes."

"Im sorry" Josie looked down at the ground in guilt.

"Don't be. Because of you I see the world in color again." Hope raised Josies chin up with her finger and placed a kiss upon her lips, smiling as they connected.

"But they all have some meaning don't they. My soccer jersey, if memory serves me, which it does. I gave it to you when Ashley Kachadorian stole your clothes from P.E so I gave you my Soccer uniform I would use for practice." Josie laughed, trying so hard not to burst out into a fit of laughter. "And then you kicked her ass and got suspended"

"Yeah and that bitch got detention. For a fucking day and everyone got so jealous that I was wearing Josie Saltzman soccer jersey. Speaking off what's that bitch up to now, I'm ready to pull up in my McLarne... no my Rolls Royce no— my helicopter and watch her bow to my feet" Hope playfully rolled her eyes. "You always had the kindness to think of my needs. I always hated how nice your were"

"I wasn't that nice" Josie tried to defend herself.

"Baby, I tormented you with my vanity. Wanting you to do every little thing for me."

"You and I, we were both in love with each other. But we were both too young to know how to love. That's why we ran away from each other" Josie stood up and walked between Hopes legs wrapping her arms around her neck.