Chapter 35: You Are My Sunshine

Hope had woken up early morning ready for work as usual. She made her way into the kitchen where they had covered the shattered door and most of the area had been cleaned up. It's only been a couple of days since she was targeted. She removed the cover to reveal her back yard that over looked the forest terrain. She was a hundred percent sure no one was able to get into the property without the alarm sounding off. Not to mention it was a huge property. Sure enough if someone wanted to enter her home they have to go into the woods where even then had Hope place cameras. If anything her home was supposed to be one of the safest places. How could someone manage to slip one past her.

She'd ask Josie to look into new houses, but none of them came close to their current home. Hope took a deep breath as she heard Josie making her way down stairs. Hope decided to step away from the area and make herself as well as her future wife some coffee. Josie walked in kissing Hope on her head while wrapping her arms around her.

"Are you okay" Josie asked curiously. "If you need help, just let me know. You always protect me and took care of me before. I hope I can be of some help to you now." Josie kissed Hope on her temple.

"Didn't we agree that you won't worry about me?" Hope turned towards Josie pinching her chin gently.

"Hope, don't try to act strong. I know you're under huge pressure under recent events" Josie point towards the broken kitchen door. "Don't suffer alone...Let me be your secretary... I can face your problems with you. I know Lizzie is good at her job but still we can't let her get involved in this. I can fight the battle with you. And don't lecture me about separating work and private life. We should support each other in private and at work. We should face this together shouldn't we?"

"What if I say no" Hope laughed tapping Josie on her nose.

"You can't" Josie smiled.

"Why not?"

"Because you have no other option. I have the final say on this. Hope I may not be of much help but I want you to know, I will never leave your side"

Before Hope could say anything, her phone rang. She looked at it and noticed it was an unknown number. She already knew it wasn't going to go well. She answered her phone annoyed.

"Listen you bastard! You're quite a petty little shit, aren't you? Try manning up and stop playing these childish games." Hope said trying to keep her cool.

"Tell everyone at the general meeting next week that you resign the company" the voice from the other side of the phone call spoke.

"Like hell."

"Then I'll crush both you and Mikaelson Industries. This time, it will be a real gun"

"Okay try to do something, but I'm going to catch you first. And I'm going to make you pay for what you've done" Hope shouted.

"No, you are not. Not that I don't admire what you're trying to do... to an honest business woman, who just so happens to know some, classified information. Secure in the knowledge that you're doing the right thing. That's something that I do understand. But we both can't have what we want. So... your part in this drama, by necessity, comes to an end."

"It's gonna take a lot more than a voice on a cell phone to stop me." Hope laughed.

"It's not me you have to worry about." The voice laughed as well before the ended. Hope ran her fingers through her hair.

"Hope we got to do something about this... wanna continued your story from the other night" Josie walked towards the counter. Hope jumped onto the counter sitting down pulling Josie between her legs.