Squad

Your POV

It was by end of the day when the exam was finally done.

"Candidates whose numbers are called, please step forward," The announcer said.

The Captain of Blue Rose suddenly stands up.

"The squad Captains will raise their hands if they would like you to join their squad. The candidates will decide they would like to accept or decline, and if they are chosen by more than one captain, they may choose which squad they'd like to join." Charlotte said.

"But if no one raises their hands, that candidate will not join the Magic Knights," Fuegoleon said.

"And you will leave immediately" Nozel continued.

They start calling the candidate's numbers. Up until now. 71 no one raises their hand.

I begin to feel tense. I don't think that I will become a Magic Knight.

Then some candidates were finally chosen. I could feel more anxious. When it neared my no.

I want to calm down but my heartbeats just keep on rising.

"Next #164," the announcer said.

"Yes, Sir," Yuno said and walk front.

"All who wish to offer, please raise your hand." The announcer said.

Then all the Captains then raise their hands I was shock and happy for him. That only proves how amazing Yuno was.

"All of the Captains raises their hands?!" Someone said shockingly

I envied Yuno. He sure looks so amazing.

"I thought only royalty and Nobles could join the Golden Dawn," someone said.

"Even the Silver Eagles? Seriously? But he's a kid from the boonies" someone said again.

"Please allow me to join the Golden Dawn," Yuno said.

William smiles. The other Captains seem to expect that already.

"Next #165," the announcer said.

And Asta step up forward.

"I'm ready!" Asta scream.

"All who wish to offer, please raise your hand." The announcer said again.

But none of the Captains raise their hands.

"Number 165, No offers," the announcer said.

Asta looks down he surely looks frustrated.

"Not yet... I'm not done yet" Asta mumble.

"You're a disgrace!" Someone shout. I look over him then glare at him.

He then shut ups. People were booing him.

"Well, that's no surprise." The captain of Black Bulls said.

"Yami-san" Final look over at his captain.

"No matter how high your combat skills are if the source of your power is unknown, no one wants anything to do with it" He continues.

While Asta just looks at him. Everyone was silent.

"In the end, the only thing desired from a Magic Knight is their Magical Powers" he continued.

Just then an intense pressure engulfs the air. I couldn't move my heart was beating so fast.

His aura was so intimidating I could feel myself sweat so much. I hold down my shivering hands.

"What's going on?" Some candidates said.

Just then the Captain of Black Bulls jumps down. He was in front of Asta the pressure was much intense now.

He looks at Asta with deadly eyes. He then starts walking towards Asta.

'This is the power of a Magic Knight Squad Captain' I was nervous.

"And since you have no magical powers no one wants you. That's the cruel reality" He said looking at Asta.

"You said earlier that you wanted to become the Wizard King, didn't you? Which means you're going to surpass the nine captains here, right? He said looking down at Asta.

"Now that I'm standing before you, do you still have the nerve to say that you're going to be the Wizard King, even without magical powers?" He asks glaring down at Asta.

Asta then looks down and clenches his fist.

"E-even if I can't join the Magic Knights today... No matter how many times I fall, no matter what anyone says to me, I'm still going to become the Wizard King someday!" Asta shouts determination in his voice.

Then the intense pressure was then gone. Asta was staring eye to eye towards the captain of the black bulls.

Then suddenly the Captain of the Black Bulls laugh.

"You're funny, kid. Join my squad" he said at Asta.

"Huh?" Asta look at him dumbfounded.

I smile at Asta.

"I'm telling you that I'll let you join the Black Bulls." He said.

Asta still looks at him in shock.

"By the way, declining isn't an option. I'll make life so miserable for you in the Black Bulls that you'll be torn to shreds, so be ready for that," he said smirking.

He laughs then Asta scream.

"What?!!!!!!" He surely is shocking.

"And then, someday, become the Wizard King." He said calmly.

Asta looks up at him lost of words. I could tell from his face how much he has gone through.

"Yes, Sir!" He said.

Then he looks at me. 

"Also, you join my squad." He said pointing at me.

"Ehhh?" I look at him dumbfounded.

"You got a problem?" He asks deadly.

"No ..... Sir" I said.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to train you and so then you can protect those people..... And I also doubt that the other Squad will take you in any way" he said.

I look at the other Captains and they seem not to care about me.

"Yes," I said smiling I could feel tears streaming down my face. I then wipe try to wipe them off.

"You don't have to cry you know," he said.

I nodded "Yes, Sir!" I said and wipe away my tears.

I'm so happy I will finally be able to have an adventurous life.

.......

(A/n: OMG thanks for the reads TvT)