Chapter 1

(Writers note: hi army! Here is my favorite video of the rap line. I specially love Yoongi with his white hair which is when we meet him at the begining of this story. Hope you enjoy the story as much as I did writing it. I purple you!)

I also added this which has to be my favorite video of Yoongi of all time! Also love that he gets the first verse!

November 19, 2017

"You make sure to be safe" My mom says kissing my cheek while hugging me to the point I can't breathe.

"I will eomma" I say trying to calm her nerves. This will be the first time I leave home and I know they are worried. My dad and brother follow and both hug me with the same intensity as my mom.

"Call us as soon as you make it to yours friend's house" My father demands.

"Yes appa" I say walking towards the awaiting train that will take me to my destination. I turn around before I make it to the entrance and I look at my family for one last time to take a mental picture. My mom wipes  some unruly tears from her beautiful face and my dad does his best to comfort her. My older brother looks worried and I know he will be texting me the whole trip. "I love you all" I exclaim waving my hand in a goodbye and I am met with small smiles from my family.

I find my seat and to my luck its a window seat. I am nervous about what today will bring and the window will be a good distraction. The trip to Seoul is about 4 hours and I am thankful for the time that will allow me to calm myself. I have never been outside of my hometown and that fact is making me nervous. I was born and raised in Daegu and my parents have always worked hard and lived paycheck by paycheck. We never had extra money to take trips. It took all my savings with some help from my parents and brother to be able to pay for my trip. If everything goes as expected I will be able to pay them back very soon.

I hear my phone go off and it takes me away from my thoughts. I fish it out of my bag and I smile when I see my brother's name. I knew he will be texting me as soon as I got on the train.

Bong- "Have a safe trip! I am taking our parents home now. Please don't forget to call when you make it to your friend's apartment."

Me- "Oppa stop worrying. I will be safe" I text back knowing its no use. He will continue to worry until I am back from my trip.

My brother almost refused to let me leave once he found out I had a job interview in Seoul. It took all my sweet younger sister charm to convince him I could do this trip all by myself. Of course he is the exact copy of my dad, looking like a younger version with the same temperament. My mom and I always joke telling them they are twins and not father and son. Of course my brother Bong is a few inches taller than my dad at 6 feet and he has long dark hair which is very different from my dad's short haircut. But they are the same person in every other aspect. They always agree on everything specially when it comes to me and my safety. Ever since we were kids my dad gave him the job of being my protector and engrained it in his brain that he has to watch out for me. It was because of this reason that it took all my will to tell him about this trip. I waited until the last minute knowing he was going to have an issue with me traveling outside of our town. He was very angry and concerned and my dad had the same sentiment. They could not understand that this is a one in a lifetime opportunity for my career. If I get this job I could help them improve our way of life. I have always wanted to be a photographer ever since one of my brother's friends gifted me a Polaroid camera for my eight birthday. I used that camera to take pictures of everything around me and I would explore my neighborhood for potential photo ops. In the last 12 years I have been able to improve to a better camera after having many jobs. I still take that small polaroid everywhere with me to remind me of what started my love of photography.