Chapter 3

Midnight November 23, 2017

A few hours have passed since Yoongi last spoke and I am still having difficulty breathing. I tried to ignore his words and act like they didn't affect me but my body failed me and I'm pretty sure he noticed I stop breathing which is even more embarrassing. His words keep running around in my head. Even though I have been watching our friends have fun on and off I can't fully concentrate. Was he really flirting with me? My crush since I was 5 years old just called me beautiful? I think I am imagining things. Thankfully our friends have been enjoying themselves and come to the table to take shots once in a while making it less awkward with the man next to me.

"Are you guys going to sing?" Hae questions walking toward the table.

"Oh no I don't sing" I say smiling back at my friend thankful I am no longer alone with this intense man of few words.

"What are you talking about, you have a beautiful voice" Hae says playfully and I pretend to take a drink to avoid the subject.

"What about you Yoongi" Hae asks.

"No signing for me today, I am in the mood for something else" He says and the deep voice is something I can't handle. I look at him unconsciously and I am met with his cat eyes filled with something I am not sure I can describe. It's like he is challenging me to say or do something and I don't know what he wants from me. I swallow hard and look back at my friend.

"I'm going to keep singing then" Hae says turning back to Jin and Min who are both doing an amazing job singing to each other.

"Why are you so nervous?" He asks and I feel him come close again.

"I'm not" I lie hoping he won't notice.

"I don't remember you being this shy maybe you are afraid of something" he says and I look back at him. He is seriously challenging me. He knows very well I am not shy or afraid. I don't know how many times my brother had to stop me from being too trusting and brave, but I gave him a run for his money. I was always adventurous and there are plenty of times where my brother and him would have to search for me late at night because I was taking pictures of birds or small animals somewhere.

"I'm just tired that's all, it's been a long day" I say and at least this time I did not have to lie.

"If that's true why are you inching away from me" he says and I had not noticed that I have been moving to the other end of the seat.

"Oh I am trying to give you space" I say and I guess I am lying all night.

"No need I have enough space, and how can we talk over the music if you keep moving away like a scary-cat" he says with a devilish smile that is new to me. I look at the distance between us and I decide to accept his challenge. If he is going to call me shy and scary-cat, I am going to show him I am none of those things. I scoot as close as possible but I don't calculate the distance until I notice we are touching.

"If you wanted to sit on my lap, you could have asked me" he smiles and his gummy smile is back and this is the first time I am seeing that 17 year old that I remember from my childhood.

"I'm sorry" I say starting to move away but he speaks before I can do anything.

"Stay" he says looking at our sides touching "Unless you're afraid" I can't help but smile at his words.