Chapter 2

November 20, 2017

I wake up early to have enough time to get ready for the long day ahead. I look at Hae who is still asleep next to me and I get up quietly to not wake her up. Last night we stayed up until almost 1 AM catching up on the last few days. She told me all about her job and how much she loves it and I was thankful she didn't mention Yoongi again. I head towards my suitcase to find my outfit which I had prepared the night before. Looking at it now memories of shopping for it with my mom flood my mind. She was determined to get me a new outfit even though I refused several times. I kept insisting I didn't need one since I knew we could not afford it but seeing her happy and smiling face convinced me to go with what she wanted. The skirt and sweater fitted me perfectly and I have to admit it felt nice to have something new for such a special moment. I change quickly hoping to have some extra time to eat before heading out. I do my best to try to tame my wavy hair and bangs and I decide to wear it half up and half down. I think this will be good enough for today. I step out of the room as quietly as possible but when I'm about to completely scape I hear a noice behind me.

"Where do you think you are going?" I hear Hae question half asleep.

"I'm sorry did I wake you?" I bow down to apologize.

"You didn't" She says smiling as she gets up from the bed. "I will get ready quickly we can go together to breakfast and I can take you to the interview."

"Hae no, you don't have to do that. I can take a bus. Go back to sleep" I say shaking my hands back and forth in a no. I want to disturb her daily life as less as possible. She has already done enough by letting me stay here for the next couple of days.

"Come on, it will be fun. And maybe I am your good luck charm" She winks and her smile is as big as her heart.

"OK but you need to hurry up I only have 2 hours" I say heading out to the living room to give her space to change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I exit the brand new building a few hours after my interview. The nervousness that I felt is completely gone and now the excitement of being the photographer for this new company takes over. I search the street for my friend's car and my heart jumps of anticipation when I see the small white car. I am so excited to share the big news and I can not hold it in anymore. I open the door and I am met by my smiling friend.

"So!!!" She exclaims as I take a seat on the passenger side. "tell me, tell me"

"You are looking at a professional photographer" I say smiling as big as I feel inside.

"That's so great, I am so happy for you Ara" She says leaning forward to hug me. "Details. I want to know everything" she continues and I watch as she sits back to wait for my response.

"Well, I start in 2 weeks" I say not sure how she will take the next part. I have been hiding the details of the job from her and my parents afraid of how they will react. "As you know, the job is for a children's book publishing company and I will be one of their photographers for their illustrations" I speak slowly avoiding the most important part of the job.

"I think that job fits you perfectly, but why does it sound like you are concerned about it?" Hae raises and eyebrow and I know she is catching on.