Father's Day

Rose - Peter Alan Tyler my dad,the most wonderful man in the world, born 15th September 1954.

Rose is little and her mum is sitting on bed calling her over" Come here, Rose, come here "little rose walked to her mum site and sat in the bed as they look at photos of her dad" who's that, It's your daddy.,you weren't old enough to remember when he died, 1987, 7th of November, do you remember what I told you, the day that Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clarke got married your farther, He was always having adventures, oh, he would have loved to have seen you now rose seen what you become "rose looked at her with a sad smile and they carry on looking through the photos.In the tardis Charlotte and there where talking with Andrew and rose liserning to her story.

" that's what Mum always says, so I was thinking, could we, could we go and see my dad when he was still alive I want to see him please "" where's this come from, all of a sudden you never mention it before why now "Andrew asked as he sat on the chair looking at her. She frowned and lowers her head" all right then, if we can't, if it goes against the laws of times or something, then never mind, just leave it its fine Andrew don't worry about it "" no, I can do anything rose, but I'm just more worried about you that's all "Andrew said as he stood up looking at her touching her cheek wondering if this what she really wants. Charlotte looked at the doctor as he turned to her their eyes meet, and the doctor could feel something towards her like she was telling him to do it for her so he turned to Andrew and nods " I want to see him please" "well then your wish is my command, but be careful what you wish for " Andrew said as he pulled the leaver as the doctor teached him to fly the tardis and they headed to see her dad when he was alive .

As he pulled the leaver they travel to their wedding " I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Angela Suzette Prentice" "I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Suzanne Suzette Anita" said her dad as he could not remember what her name was as her mum frowned "Oh, just carry on. It's good enough for Lady Di""I thought he'd be taller " rose said as she looked at her dad frowning " To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and behold till death us do part""He died so close to home. wasn't there. Nobody was. It was a hit and run driver. Never found out who. He was dead when the ambulance got there. I only wish there'd been someone there for him " Jackie said in her momory as a child" I want to be that someone, so he doesn't die alone "" November the 7th " Andrew said wonder what date it was again" 1987. It's so weird. The day my father died. I thought it'd be all sort of grim and stormy. It's just an ordinary day""The past is another country. 1987's just the Isle of Wight. Are you sure about this" Charlotte looked at rose wonder if she was really ready for this " Yeah.This is it. Jordan Road. He was late. He'd been to get a wedding present, a vase. Mum always said, that stupid vase. He got out of his car.And crossed the road. Oh, God. This is it.""Go to him, quick" Andrew said as he looked at her knowing she had to go to him.But she could not do it so they waked round the corner "It's too late now. By the time the ambulance got there, he was dead. He can't die on his own. Can I try again" "Right, that's the first you and me. It's a very bad idea, two sets of us being here at the same time. Just be careful they don't see us. Wait till she runs off and he follows, then go to your dad"andrrw said as he told her this was the last time they could be here " Oh, God. This is it"" I can't do this"the real rose said as she looked on as she knew she could not do anything"You don't have to do anything you don't want to. But this is the last time we can be here.Rose! No""I did it. I saved your life " rose smiled as she knew she did it saved her dad.

"Blimey, did you see the speed of it? Did you get his number" "I really did it. Oh, my God, look at you. You're alive! That car was going to kill you" rose explained as she knew he could have died "Give me some credit, I did see it coming. I wasn't going to walk under it, was I" "I'm Rose"she grins " That's a coincidence. That's my daughter's name"" that's a great name. Good choice. Well done"she grins trying to keep in how glad she was he was alive " Right, I'd better shift. I've got a wedding to go to"" Is that Sarah Clarke's wedding " rose asked" Yeah, are you going""yeah " rose nodded as he looked at Charlotte, the doctor and Andrew" You and your family need a lift right , there we go. Sorry about the mess. If you want a cup of tea, the kitchens just down there, milk's in the fridge. Well, it would be, wouldn't it. Where else would you put the milk? Mind you, there's always the window sill outside. I always thought if someone invented a window sill with special compartments, you know, one for milk, one for yogurt, make a lot of money out of that. Sell it to students and things. I should write that down. Anyway, never mind that, excuse me for a minute. Got to go and change""All the stuff mum kept. His stuff. She kept it all packed away in boxes in the cupboard. She used to show me when she'd had a bit to drink. Here it is, on display. Where it should be. Third prize at the bowling. First two got to go to Didcot. Health drinks. Tonics, mum used to call them. He made his money selling this Vitex stuff. He had all sorts of jobs. He was so clever. Solar power. Mum said he was going to do this. Now he can. Okay, look I'll tell him you're not my boyfriend."rose goes round the room really happy he can do all this stuff now but Andrew and the doctor was not happy about it so she looks up at them"When you meet the doctor he, said travel with me in space. You said no. Then he said time machine".