The Doctor Dances

Back at the hospital, the gas-marked patient came close to them. The Doctor, holding them behind him as protection, ordered, "Go to your room. Go to your room, I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!"

The patients slowly walked away and out of the building. They all breathed a sigh of relief. 

"I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words." 

*********

And then we arrive back at the house with Nancy.

"Jamie!"

"Why are they all wearing gas masks," Andrew asked as they look at the patient at the hospital.

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone."

"How was your con supposed to work?" Charlotte crossed her arms and walked to him.

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con."

"Yeah. Perfect," Andrew said sarcastically. "The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day."

"Getting a hint of disapproval..."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did." The Doctor frowned at Jack as Charlotte looked at the body.

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty."

"Are we getting out of here," Rose said; it was too creepy in there.

"We're going upstairs."

"I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no-one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it," Jack tried to tell the Doctor, but he was not listening to it.

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day."

"What's that?" Andrew said as he heard the noise.

"The all-clear?"

"I wish."

*********

So they walked off: Rose was talking with Jack and Andrew as the Doctor and Charlotte were talking together. She loved him very dearly, she felt close to him, and she loved him like Andrew and Rose so she wanted to know later.

"So honey, can I ask you something?" 

"What's up, my dear?" He smiled to her, waiting for her questions.

"How much do you love me?"

"Why do you ask?" He frowned as they walked upstairs.

"...because I was just wondering, that's all."

He turned to her and smiled. 

"I love you more then anything. Come on."

She smiled and they carried on walking up the stairs. 

*********

Meanwhile back at the house:

"I thought you were Jamie." 

"Dad! Dad!" Said the boy as he called for his father, who came out. 

"Ruddy kids." 

"Get off of me! Get your hands off me now!" Nancy tried to get away but they took her inside.