Chapter 20

The duo continued walking in the dark deep woods with occasional rustles in the bushes, most likely nocturnal critters. They made it to the shore line of the sea, sat near some trees and tried to fall to sleep.

Not long after, more rustling was heard, but it was louder and included human voices. "If I remember correctly, I'm sure it's not long till we get there.", one voice explained.

"Hisoka, I'd much rather steal cards from players to quickly win the game and leave.", another said in a strained tone.

Karma sat up and looked to the right where the voices were, he then looked to his left where Koro Sensi was fast asleep.

The two voices came into view, showing a red haired man with joker-themed clothes. Karma recognized the man next to him as the one from the starting point. They hadn't seen Karma or Koro Sesnei, in fact they were beginning towards the other direction along the coastline.

"Hey, do you guys have any cards?", Karma asked in a low tone. They turned around and, spotting him, came closer.

"What's a kid doing here all alone?", Hisoka asked in a playful manner. "I'm not", he replied sharply, and nodded his head towards the sleeping-yellow-octopus.

Hisoka raised an eyebrow, "So why are you playing this game?" he asked, sitting next to Karama with Illumi cautiously following. "Looking for a little excitement", Karma said with a devilish gleam in his eye.

Even the dark could not hide Karma's bloodlust aura emitting off him, the two caught this and internally smiled. "But Mr, you still haven't answered my question", Karma said quietly, behind his back as he subconsciously tightened his grip on a pocket knife he had stowed in his back pocket.

"Hmm?", Hisoka hummed. "I said...", Karma said in a calm manner, "give me your cards!!". He then lunged towards Hisoka who sat very still, while Karma came at him.

Right before he made a mark on his face, Karma suddenly froze in mid air and fell to the grassy floor. A needle stuck out of his neck and Illumi appeared in the shadows behind him.

"I knew he was suspicious", Illumi said in a know-it-all voice. "Not suspicious", Hiska said while taking the needle out of Karma. He threw at Illumi who caught it with ease, "he's charming".