t w o

i can't really remember leaving, but to be honest i can't really remember much of last night.

my head was pounding i guess that's what i get for being a lightweight and drinking half my body weight in alcohol.

'Drink this you'll feel better' Cedric pushes a glass of water and a paracetamol into my hands. i shove them in my mouth and gulp down the water and almost instantly my headache eases.

Gratefully i look up and whisper 'my saviour' to him, my headache still not completely cleared, i notice him still wearing his sleepwear so i know we have some time until we have to be at work. i grin and pull him down onto me, rolling over so i'm on top of him.

'Haley!', he laughs 'we can't we have work'. he protests though he makes no effort to move me.

'mhm, because they're going to fire us', i sit up on my elbows and pull his shirt off of him. "i'm sure that they can spare us for a few hours."

"oh, only a few hours?" His voice light as he teases me. i can feel him stir with interest beneath my hips. 'i think we can do better than that."

"oh yeah?" i say, i bend down to kiss him. "prove it." It's a playful challenge, but Cedric can never turn a challenge down.

cedric shoves me off him, climbing on top of me, I spread my legs so he can he can settle between them easier. he pins my hands above my head, kissing me. we never did make it to work that day.

~~~~~~~~~~

much later when we're both tired i turn to face him, my head still on his chest. 'do you think it's working?'

he looks me in the eyes and says 'i hope so'.

we have been trying for a baby for a long time, a couple years actually, but we haven't had any look yet.

Countless doctors and appointments have told us not to get our hopes up but also not to give up entirely, we're just praying for a miracle. knowing the chances are low we haven't told anyone yet ,but it doesn't hide the fact how much we want a baby. something just feels like it's missing.

~~~~~~~~~

i stare down at my paperwork and barely stifle a yawn, my bones are heavy, i feel my eyelids threatening to close, letting my head drop to the table i glance at the clock and see i've got 6 hours left, until i can go home, change into some baggy clothes and sleep.

this is ridiculous, its only tuesday and already i felt like i had been awake for a week. i had even been of on monday, which wasn't my fault! Unwillingly, i lift my head up and rub at my eyes. apart from my sudden need to sleep, i felt well enough. maybe I was coming down with something? Cedric had noticed a change in my health as well and had suggested i go and see a doctor, i picked up a pen and carelessly scribbled on the page. my mind wasn't on work, my brain was foggy and urging me to rest. if only i could just go home and listen to my body.

'Haley', Ginny appears around the door. 'are you ready for tomorrow it's our favourite day again' she says, voice dripping with sarcasm.

oh yes. the busiest day of the year. where every pub and club owner comes to get their liquor license renewed, and lucky me i'm the one who gets to do it!!!

'don't remind me'.

ginny looked at me with concern in her eyes. "are you OK?" she asked.

'yeah i'm fine', i dropped my pen onto the desk, screwing on the paper i had been doodling on and throwing into the bin in the corner of my office. the action seemed to jog something in my foggy brain. waste, it was ringing a bell.