f i v e

The following morning, I decide the best way to handle Malfoy is to talk to him head-on. I send a message to Ginny, letting her know I won't be in the office that morning due to a Doctor's visit. Then I head straight to the peacock .

The bar is closed when I arrive. The doors are locked from the inside. I realise that there has to be a private entrance for the workers, so I head down the side of the bar. There i find a large wooden door with the word 'EMPOLYEES ONLY' I knock loudly on the door and wait.

Eventually, the door swings open and Malfoy stands there wearing a loose fitting pair of black silk shorts, shirtless and his hair mused as if he just got out of bed. Maybe he has.

I avert my eyes and clear my throat. "You wanted to talk," I say.

"Come in." His voice sounds thick, he leans against the door as he yawns. I step past him into the bar.

This part of the bar is eerily empty. The long hallway im standing in is dim. Malfoy closes the door and turns right, up a steep set of curved stairs. I follow him, discovering that I am more out of shape than I thought and wondering how I'm supposed to climb these stairs while heavily pregnant.

Which is ridiculous, because I won't be climbing these stairs then.

At the top of the stairs, Malfoy opens a door revealing a spacious two-story loft.

Two beautiful floor to ceiling windows dominates the left wall, drenching the room in sunlight. The walls are exposed brick.

It's beautiful.

" Nice place," I say.

Malfoy shrugs. "Thanks."

We cross into the centre of the room where Malfoy drops into a worn brown leather sofa. There's a matching armchair nearby, so I sit down on that.

Now that I'm here, I'm not sure what to say.

"You can't be around Cedric," I say after a moment and Malfoy laughs.

"Have you ever thought about telling him the truth?" He walks to the kitchen and a comes back a teapot and two cups in his arms.

I flush, ashamed. "I've never cheated before," which is the truth, though I'm not sure he believes me. "It would break his heart."

Malfoy hands me a cup and I grasp it to have something to do with my hands.

"Would the cheating break his heart, or would the baby not being his do it?" Malfoy asks. His voice is losing the thickness it had as he wakes up.

I look down at the teacup in my hands. "I would rather not find out," I admit. "I know that makes me a coward, but..." I let my sentence trail off.

Malfoy sighs, "I don't want to be an asshole, but I take my responsibilities seriously." He looks at me sternly. " If the child is mine, then I want to be a father. You can't deny me that."

I feel like a bastard. "If you are, then I'd like you to be part of the child's life," I hesitate, "It would be beneficial to my life if you weren't - because of Cedric. Because if you're not, then mine and Cedric's life doesn't change."

he places the cup down on the rough wooden coffee table. "You know where I am now, so I expect you to keep me in the loop." He looks at me, his expression softening a little. "Speaking off, how are you?"

The question takes me by surprise. "I'm fine," I find myself saying and then figure he deserves the truth. "I have some morning sickness, but other than that, I'm well."

Malfoy nods his head. "Good. I have a friend that is a Doctor. if you need anything for the baby, let me know."

"I will." This has turned out to be much more civil than I expected it to be. "Thanks for making this easy."

He snorts, "I have to get along with my baby mummy." He covers his mouth as he yawns, and I can't help but notice how well developed his chest is. "If this lovely little chat is over then I am going back to bed. You're welcome to join me." he adds cheekily.

"No," I manage, trying not to look at his firm chest. I stand awkwardly, and he rises to his feet.

He reaches out and wraps a hand around my arm. My skin breaks out in tingles, my mouth dry. "Malfoy," I say quietly, "Stop."

"It's Draco," is his calm reply, "You might as well call me by my name."

I roll my eyes. "draco,
let go."

He releases my arm, it still feels warm from his touch. I need to get out of here. "Well, thanks," I say again. Draco looks amused at my clearly flustered state. Embarrassed, I move back towards the stairs, Draco following close behind.

"I need to lock up after you go," he explains. Right, that makes sense. I hurry down the stairs, forgetting how awful they are.

"Fuck," I swear. I hear him chuckle behind me. I turn my head and throw him a heated glare.

As soon as I'm outside, I breathe in the fresh morning air. I lean against the cold brick wall of the bar and try to asses my situation. I need to keep Draco
as far away from Cedric as possible and informed and I still won't know for sure who the father is for weeks.

I feel tired and stressed out already, and I have months ahead of me. How do people cope with being pregnant? Hermione made it look easy.