t h r e e

as i'm walking home i decide to take a short cut ,as my feet are killing me, to a street that i haven't been through before. i'm lost in thought on how i should tell cedric, when i look up i can see a baby shop. immediately i'm drawn in because i can actually look for myself not one of ron's brothers baby.

the tired-looking pregnant women peer critically at the safety requirements, while they're also trying to not to look too closely at the price tags afraid of what they might see.

i walk aimlessly up and down the isles still wearing my work clothes, i spot two beige bears holding a baby bear; without a second thought i bought them deciding this is the way that i would break it to ced.

~~~~~~~~~~

'hey' cedric says without even looking at me as soon as i enter the house. after a few seconds he catches on, 'how was the doctors, come and tell me about it when we're eating!' as he leads me through the house he says cheekily 'though we really need to work on your punctuality!'

i grin lazily at him and say 'well I can show you what happened.' he looks confused and I can't help the excitement I feel. i move us into the living room and have him sit down on the sofa and i kneel at his feet 'close your eyes.'

he looks at me confused but complies. i take the bears out of my coat pocket and place them on his now outstretched hands.

'ta-da' i say hardly containing my excitement 'open your eyes!'

i saw his face display emotions of happiness to shock and confusion.

'haley, what?'

'your going to be the hottest dad on the playground!'

finally the pieces click into place and Cedric all but throws himself at me, still careful of my stomach. He buries his face in my auburn hair (just like my mums) and we laugh, wild and free. The future seems brighter and happier than ever before. Dinner lays forgotten on the table as Cedric takes my hand land leads me into the bedroom.

That night, as Cedric sleeps curled next to me, his hand splayed across my stomach my mind strays to the bar, and the stranger I face can no longer remember. The man's face has become blurred in my mind, I can't recall any of his features. Tall, short, handsome, ugly—I can't be sure.

As my eyes drift closed at long last, my last thought is that, whoever he is, I am unlikely to ever see him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cedric's desperate to break the news to his father and it's the cutest thing to watch. Every morning he picks up the bears on the dresser and excitedly says 'i can't believe we're going to be a family like this!' he has a sappy smile on his face and i can't help but smile at him.

'We should do something,' Cedric says as he turns back to the bed.

"We did do something." I pat my stomach and Cedric laughs.

'I guess so.' He crawls towards me on the bed, a mischievous gleam in his eye. ' no I meant to surprise everyone with the news.' I tilt my head up and he kisses me deeply, making me breathless with desire.

'Ah yes, we do need to warn people that another Potter is coming to cause trouble.' I pause. 'We should tell Snape first, he's going to have a heart attack.'

Cedric laughs as he places kisses around my jaw, and I close my eyes in pleasure. 'Do you have to work today?'he asks as his teeth nip at my throat.

I sigh, 'I hate to say it, but yes. It's license day.'

Cedric stifles a laugh against my chest. 'I forgot about license day, good luck.' He offers me a playful smirk but moves lower.

Kissing over my stomach (a lot of kisses there, warming my heart), he comes to stop teasingly at my crotch. I let out a low whine and Cedric nips at my thighs in response. My legs fall open and Cedric settles between them with ease and before I know i lose all track of my thoughts.