t e n

there was only one day left until the doctor said he can find out who the father is.

until my mind can be put to rest.

Me and Cedric are going to the doctors today for a checkup so it means we can see the baby again. i'll need to make up and excuse to talk to the doctor alone so i can make an appointment for tomorrow.

i want to tell him, i really do but i don't know how. i hate keeping these secrets from him.

i will.

eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~

*8 o'clock*

i was laying in bed lost in thought when cedric awoke, still unaware he was awake i almost jumped out of my skin when i felt his hand come to life and cup my stomach.
I turn to him and he places a feather light kiss on my forehead, nose, cheeks and finally lips.

'hi'

'morning' he replies, his voice still think with sleep.

'we've got the doctors again today'

'i know, i can't wait to see our beautiful baby'

'me either' i replied but what i really wanted to see was who the father is.

~~~~~~~~~~

after we've finished up at the hospital appointment i tell cedric i want to speak to the doctor privately, having heard what his friends had said about pregnant woman and their mood swings he decided to let it go and said he would wait in the wating room outside for me.

"i suppose you want to know who the father is,"

i just nod,

'well,' he continues 'if you could just get a swab from each of the potential fathers...'

how many does he think there are,

'and if you can deliver them to me before 6:30 tonight we can have the results ready for tomorrow'

(A/N im not sure how this works but i read this somewhere so were just going to go with it!)

he passes me two swab kits and i quickly shove them in my bag,

'if you could come in same time tomorrow that would be great'

i nod, not trusting myself to speak

'don't stress it will only make it all worse than it actually is'

soon after that i leave the room and me and cedric leave, I make up some excuse about periods and pregnancy; he buys it.

~~~~~~~~

*2 am*

I can't get to sleep, knowing that tomorrow I can find out who the baby's father is. Cedric had to go back to work this afternoon which gave me just enough time to go and get the swab from Draco and deliver it to the hospital, which suprisenly he was cooperative about. As soon as we had got home cedric had already fallen asleep so it gave me chance to get his swab, so I already had his.

the appointment is at 11 tomorrow morning when cedric would be at work so he would never know.

I want to tell him I just don't know how.

once I had finally got to sleep around 4, my head was buzzing with what if's but I put them at the back of my head as they we're future me's problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the hospital without a minute to spare and once I had made my way to the reception the doctor was ready.

I went into the room (with my hands shaking with nerves), I was ready to finally put my mind at ease.

we sat down as he pulled out the medical records

'Are you ready to find out then Miss Potter?'

'I think so' I sighed not trusting my voice to speak for much longer,

when he told me I wasn't expecting that.

or was I...

~~~~~~

we hit 700 reads on ao3 which is crazy!

thank you for reading