s e v e n

Work drags by slowly. I jump every time Ginny says, "Haley, you have a visitor!" in a cheerful voice.

I cope, I somehow cope, until a letter is dropped of into my office. I'm instantly suspicious. No one I know has a this return address.

The letter reads...

Haley,

Meet me on Saturday at 3pm. You know where.

D.L.Malfoy.

I screw up the letter and drop into the bin.

"he is a twat," i write back,

Draco,

I'll be there.

Haley.

As i send the letter off first class with my assistant, I try to push all my worry about draco to the back of my mind. At least draco was sticking to his side of the deal.

~~~~~~~~~

Cedric meets me outside St. Mungos and engulfs me in a tight hug. I smile into his shoulder, laughing at his excitement.

"It's only a doctors visit," I tease.

He pokes me in the ribs. "Yeah, our first as a couple!" His eyes are shining with joy and it's infectious.

I grab his hand and squeeze. Together, we walk into the hospital and head for the private treatment rooms. Doctor Klein is waiting for us, the door open wide. He raises an eyebrow at me as Cedric enters.

"This is Cedric," I say quickly, "the overprotective boyfriend I told you about."

"Hello, Cedric, pleasure to meet you." I watch tensely as the two shake hands. Klien turns to me. "I hope you've been reading those pamphlets, Harry, and taking your nausea medication ."

I slump into a chair. "Ah—erm, sure."

Cedric sits beside me. "She has been taking the medicine, I've been making sure of it."

"Well, at least I can trust one of you," Klien high fives Cedric. "So, you're entering into the world of sleepless nights and baby vomit. How are you both feeling?" Healer Klien folds his arms, half sitting on his office table.

"We can't wait." I lace my fingers with Cedric's, bringing his knuckles to my lips. He grins at me.

"We do have some questions though," Cedric adds. He leans forward, shooting me a sly smirk. "Haley, has been wondering how the baby, er, empties its bowls."

"Ced!" I cover my face with my hands, while Klien and Cedric laugh.

"It's not the strangest question I've been asked," Klien's voice is coloured with amusement. "Babies do poop, but it only happens in less than 15% of all pregnancies and most of the waste comes out during birth."

At this, I feel my face drain of colour. Birth. Birth. I have not given a single thought about that aspect of pregnancy. Eventually, the baby is going to have to come out .

"Haley?"

Klien presses a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "It's OK, we don't have to think about the birth just yet, but it is something we're going to need to discuss in the future."

'Right, of course'. I smile, or at least I try to, and Cedric comes to my rescue and begins asking his own questions.

Quietly, I'm panicking. Birth.

Fuck.

i'm not ready