f o u r

a/n most of this scene is from Earth_Phoenix's nine months because i can't re-write it, they wrote it amazingly! (does that make sense ) go read the original i highly recommend it!!

By the time I arrive at work only an hour late, my department is swamped. Fantastic. We're crammed into the smallest building which usually isn't much of an issue. With me are Ginny; Greyson, a new boy a few years younger than me, and Beverly, a quiet girl from Ginny's year.

Already there are lines of impatient bar owners with documents crushed up in their hands. I offer apologetic waves to my team before slipping into my office.

i have just shrugged off my coat when the door clicks open and a bar owner strides in.

"Oh, Haley ." He sounds surprised to see me. "It's been a while."

"Hello, Mr.—?" Try as I might, I just can't place him.

'You don't remember me?" He sits down in the chair facing my desk, his legs crossed, his posture relaxed.

"I don't." I hastily sit in my chair, "I meet a lot of people — "

"But surely you don't shag them?"

I stare at him, fear creeping up my spine. Oh no. I clear my throat. "Ahm, I think you have mistaken me for someone else. I am currently in a long-term relationship —."

"Ah, so you don't want him to know?"

"There's nothing to know." I'm flushed; I try to force myself to relax.

He's smirking at me. "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy," he says. (A/n sorry i had to do it )

I hmph and flick through the folders on my desk. "You run the peacock at Barlow?"

'That's right."

I can hear warning bells in my head; something about that name seems familiar. I drum my fingers on the table as I try to place it.

"I recently took over the bar. We get a lot of people celebrating, birthdays for example."

Just like that, everything clicks. Hermione's party was held at the peacock at barlow. Draco must be, must be — shit, shit, shit, fuck.

I fake a calm smile, all too aware that there are baby-related pamphlets on my desk. I try to clumsily rest my elbow on the desk and knock the pamphlets to the floor. I need to get him out of my office. Now.

"So, you're here to renew your license? Nothing has changed for you recently?"

Draco seems bemused by my actions, a quizzical expression crosses his face. "Correct, I'm still the owner and we still sell liqueur."

"Excellent!" My voice is so bright it sounds fake even to my ears. "You just need to sign this then." I pull the required piece of parchment out of the folder and pass it over him.

"So," he says, "When can I expect to see you back? It was quite a night."

I scoff, "I don't think a quickie in a bathroom ranks up there as anything special."

He drops the pen in surprise, "Don't you remember?" he asks quietly.

My brows knit together. "Remember what?"

"It was more than just a quickie."

I can feel my face draining of colour. "It was?" My throat is tight, my heart is hammering in my chest.

He smirks, "We went upstairs — I live in the loft over the bar. It was... you were...," he trails off, clearly lost in the memories.

I don't remember any of this. Was I really that stupid? I am never drinking ever again. Not ever. Not even a teeny tiny sip.