three

~*~*~

~*~*~

"take your sweet time, love."

~*~*~

alana brushed down her skirt as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"very pretty," said lily from her bed as she watched alana look at her reflection.

"stop," chuckled alana as she looked down at her shoes.

"you are," assured lily, getting up from her bed to get her bag.

"can i talk to you about james?" asked alana, changing the subject abruptly as she faced lily rather than the mirror.

"what about him?" asked lily with knitted brows and a bemused grin. 

"are you still mad at him?" asked alana, getting straight to the point as she wasn't much of a beating around the bush type of person.

"no, not really," shrugged lily, "i'm just not overly thrilled about the whole thing."

"he feels absolutely terrible about that," said alana, she wasn't sure why she'd suddenly changed her mind about helping james but he was her best friend, so she was going to help.

it did have something to do with what remus had said in the library and it had  made her curious about whether or not lily did reciprocate james' feelings, "i know you don't think he authentically likes you but he does. if you don't, then i think it's best you tell him straight up. if you do, then just tell him."

"i'll see you later, alana," smiled lily, completely ignoring what alana had just asked of her.

alana stood for a moment with a bewildered look on her face. alana didn't think what she said was rude, it was a basic and decent request to let her friend down easy or giving him the best news of his life.

alana grabbed her back and swung it over the shoulder and headed out of her dorm. she padded down the steps and was confronted with james, tapping his watch with his wand making alana chuckle.

"take your sweet time, love," said james, putting his wand back in his pocket, "the rest of the boys got restless and left."

"arseholes," mumbled alana with a scoff, "you think you know someone."

"traitors," scoffed james, allowing alana to leave the common room first, "at least i waited on you. that's true friendship."