fourteen

~*~*~

~*~*~

"wow."

~*~*~

things have been icy between james and alana since their little spat that wednesday afternoon.

thursday, peter sat with alana down at the other end of the gryffindor table while remus and sirius begged james to swallow his pride and apologise. it's not like he didn't want to, he didn't like not speaking to alana or being able to put his arm around her and annoy her, he hated not being with her. he just didn't know how to apologise properly to her and for her to take it as genuine because it would be.

he couldn't apologise, however, for how he felt. he felt a pang of annoyance at the thought of alana enjoying another's company. it was different with the other marauders as two were in love with each other and the other she seen as a brother. he didn't have to worry about losing her to them. that's what it felt like to james. he couldn't explain it and that's why he didn't know how to apologise.

friday, james asked alana for a lone of her ink well in charms that was in between them. out of pettiness, she moved it so it was in between she and peter. mealtimes, peter joined alana as in this argument, his loyalties lied with alana but the three neutral boys weren't picking sides between their best friends.

now, it was saturday.

peter sat on alana's bed, all the other girls were at breakfast by now, and he was giving her verdicts on what she should wear on her date. peter was weirdly good at fashion advice.

alana got him in here by giving him a piggy back ride as their was a spell outside the girls' dorms that prevented any males to enter.

"i like the skirt but it is october so it might be a bit chilly and a white skirt with black tights is a one way ticket to azkaban in my opinion," said peter as he held one of her white converse in one hand and a doc marten in the other, "if you're going for the white skirt, either of these should go but i think you should opt for jeans."

"or some nice trousers," suggested alana as she went through her drawers, "i've got those flared ones you got me for my birthday."

"have you had any time to talk to james?"

"james? james, can come talk to me," said alana with a huff, moving her bushy hair over her shoulder so she could see her clothes better, "i mean, can you believe how childish he was being? why is he so annoyed about me having a date? am i annoyed about him having a date? he's dating lily right under my nose and do i complain? no."