seventeen

~*~*~

~*~*~

"so, are you just going to ignore me now?"

~*~*~

alana had noticed a change in dylan's behaviour. he was a little more distant with her, he always gave her a kiss on the cheek, sometimes on the lips if the moment was right but now, he was distant and didn't really touch her that much.

alana assumed he'd lost interest and so she didn't bother to look for him in a crowd or make an effort to meet up with him. she was just waiting for it to slowly fizzle out and was she sad about it? a little because she couldn't help but feel a little unwanted but she wasn't really feeling the sparks and butterflies you were meant to.

with him, anyway.

alana looked across the table at james and lily who were still very much together which bewildered alana because james had just told her there was a problem, the one of which he couldn't tell her about, and he didn't think it was going to work out. this confused alana as she watched lily put her hand over james' on the table and he didn't make any effort to pull away.

alana audibly scoffed to which the rest were confused by, all except one.

"why don't you tell him how you feel?" asked remus as he lagged behind with alana as the group exited the great hall for their first class.

"what?" asked alana, she'd have been more shocked by his question if she wasn't hyper focusing on the hand in hand couple up ahead of them.

"why don't you tell james how you feel?so all this awkwardness can go away and you can stop looking so miserable," said remus nonchalantly.

alana, as expected, felt shocked and confused as to how he even knew. she wasn't worried about being obvious as remus was incredibly intelligent so he could pick up on things the average person couldn't.

"don't tell him," begged alana, holding his hand so he'd stop and when he did she couldn't let go.

"i'm not going to tell him, lana," said remus quietly, looking at her with a sorrowful look.

"rem, i couldn't possibly tell him how i feel," said alana, she felt her eyes burn and her nose tingle. was she really about to cry outside the great hall where everyone could see? apparently.

"c'mere," sighed remus, he pulled her away from the crowd and into his chest and gave her the best hug she'd ever had, "why can't you tell him?"

"he's with lily. he's happy. i wouldn't want to ruin that or ruin our friendship," mumbled alana, putting her face into remus jumper so no one could see her crying.