four

~*~*~

~*~*~

"sorry, who's the captain?"

~*~*~

sure, being head boy is cool and sure, wearing that badge is a very proud moment for james. however, the honour of being quidditch captain is unmatched and when james said this to professor mcgonagall she couldn't exactly disagree.

"right, hello, can i have the potential seekers and keepers to split into two groups?" yelled james assertively, being a natural leader, they listened, "there are only two spots open so make sure to give it your all and if you're petty about not getting onto the team, i'll have alana ainsworth snap your broom in half."

james gestured to alana at the mention of her name and she gave a curt nod to the potential new players who all let out small chuckles. however, at james' pointed look, they all quietened down and took his words literally, as they should've.

the previous year, there was a few temper tantrums from the players who didn't quite make it onto the team. it was james' first time as captain and he didn't want to waste his time with immature idiots. since he used to be one, he knew how to handle them.

james turned to alana after he'd given the players warm up instructions. he trusted her opinion above anyone else's, quidditch or otherwise.

"what we thinking then?" asked james as the two of them scoped out the potential talent.

"cosgrove and beach are far too fucking loud," stated alana as she nodded to two fourth year boys in the keeper group.

"i doubt they'd take is seriously because they can't even do the warm up properly," said james, he stared at the boys then blew the whistle he had around his neck, "you two, do you want to just leave? since you can't even do the warm up properly!"

"no, captain, sorry," said cosgrove, barely meeting james' eye.

"good. now get on with it," told james with an unimpressed look on his face.

"shall dorcas and i do the keeper exercises?" asked alana, putting her broom onto her shoulder.

"yeah, go on," nodded james, alana turned to leave him but james held her hand and pulled her back, "sorry about the other day. you were being a good mate and i was being a prick."

"glad we can agree on that," grinned alana, as she'd done a thousand times, she met james' eye but something jolted within her at the sight of his glittering hazel eyes boring into her's.