twenty six

~*~*~

~*~*~

"what are you doing, dummy?"

~*~*~

peter hugged alana like he hadn't seen her in months, remus put his hands on her shoulders and hugged her that way. sirius ruffled her hair and when she broke away from them, she gave james a hug.

it lasted a little longer than the rest and thankfully, it wasn't awkward. if the other boys had noticed, then it probably would've been because they would've had the impulse to make it that way.

alana and james lagged behind the trio of boys in front of them as they walked along the platform to the door they usually got on. the two spoke about their christmases and how their dads were pretty much bed ridden for the rest of the holidays.

despite the unspoken secret between the two, it wasn't awkward, there was no tension there. alana knew james had to tell her something and from the way sirius kept on wiggling his eyebrows at james then looking at alana, she had an idea of what it was. sirius was never subtle anyway.

it made alana uncommonly giddy and smiley. alana wouldn't normally act like this because then there would be a big chance of getting let down, but she didn't really feel that way with this. with the amortentia potion, the way he wrote in his letter and the way he kept on looking at her even though he thought alana couldn't tell, she had a really good feeling about it.

alana wasn't sure whether to initiate the talk he wanted to have or let him come to her. maybe he'd feel more comfortable to tell if she asked him because then he'd know that she's interested? she wasn't sure.

she didn't really have to wait long or think that long or hard about it because as soon as dinner ended, james asked her to come down to the quidditch pitch for a quick practice. alana agreed and the two got changed and grabbed their brooms.

"good luck!" called sirius, wiping his eyes mockingly.

james gave him a death glare whereas alana didn't catch on that quick and looked at him quizzically.

"why would we need luck?" questioned alana, looking to james who put on a bewildered look and shrugged, playing coy.

"oh, you'll know baby girl, you'll know," muttered sirius to himself, looking to remus who had his nose buried in a book.

"you're a weirdo," said remus with a shake of his.

"i'm your weirdo," said sirius, wrapping his arms around remus' neck, he put his face close to the side of remus' who was trying not to laugh and whispered in his ear, "forever."