twelve

~*~*~

~*~*~

"goodbye, nigel."

~*~*~

"you what?" asked alana, she blinked up at the boy a few times after his question.

"do you want to go to hogsmeade with me?" repeated dylan with a chuckle.

"erm- well -"

"- you don't have to say yes," said dylan, chuckling again, "i just think you're a cool girl and want to get to know you. if you don't want to, it's fine."

alana thought about the scenario and a play of them going to hogsmeade and talking, traveling through the quaint village together. it didn't repulse her. he seemed interested in her and alana didn't see the bad in getting to know him, he seemed nice. why the hell not?

"yeah, okay," said alana with a genuine smile, "see you next week, then."

"i'll see you throughout the week, love," called dylan as alana walked away, she looked over her shoulder and playfully rolled her eyes which he rightfully took as a joke. once she turned back to looking forward, alana smiled excitedly to herself.

she had a date with a very good looking and seemingly kind boy. what's not to be excited about?

alana loathed that her mind went to james and how he'd react. she wasn't expecting anything other than a congratulations but somehow, she really didn't want james to know she was going. alana was excited to tell peter, sirius and remus but she really didn't want james to know. that was evidence enough for alana to know she liked him, not to mention her selfish jealousy when it came to james and lily.

alana entered the common room and smiled when she saw peter, her comfort person. she walked up to him quickly and sat next to him, he was cross legged on the floor, hunched over a plant pot with a limp plant in it.

"oh, no," sighed alana as she rubbed his back.

peter sniffed and tried to make the plant stand but when he let go, it just flopped back down, "he's dead."

"i'm sorry, pete," said alana, she wrapped her arm around his shoulder and pulled him into her. he rested his head on her shoulder snd wiped his eyes.

peter loved his plants. he treated them like you would a pet, it was a living thing after all. despite the fact alana and the other boys didn't really understand how he could feel so much for a plant, they supported him nonetheless. it was now time for the funeral.