Chapter 3: Search continues, and break in

Meanwhile, in a police station, police officers are working. A officer is drinking coffee as he walks by two officers holding a criminal. Then, his partner and a female detective see him. They follow him as his partner is holding a picture.

Partner: Ed.

Ed: (Holds his hand out for the picture) What do you got?

Partner: Dead girl. (Gives him the picture)

Ed: (Looks at it) I can see that. 

Partner: Sarah Ann Connor, secretary, 35, shot six times at less than 10 feet. Large-caliber weapon. 

Ed: (Shows his glasses) You know, these work. 

Female detective: We know, Ed. Her daughter was the only witness. She said she saw two men walk up to the front porch after they drove in front of the house. It was a blessing that she wasn'r killed either. Her son was at a friend's house when it happened. 

Ed: (Looks at her) And the husband? 

Female detective: We called him, and he came to get his daughter. She was completely scared out of her mind after she saw what they did to her mother. She's a bit young to tell us what they look are, or what they were wearing. 

Ed's partner hands him another picture, and he takes it.

Ed: What's this?

Partner: Dead girl 2, sent over from the Valley division this afternoon.

Ed: I'm sure there's a point to all of this.

Partner: (Points at the picture) Look at the name, Ed. 

Ed: (Looks) "Sarah Louise Connor." (Looks at the two officers) Is this right?

They both nod as they look at him. He's surprised at this. 

Ed: You're kidding me. 

Female detective: We're not, sir. Someone sick is doing this. 

Partner: The press is gonna be short-stroking it all over the place. 

Ed: (Puts the pictures down) A one-day pattern killer. Hmm. 

Partner: I hate the weird ones.

Female detective: Don't we all, Vukovich?

With the heroes, they finally found the place that Sarah lives in. They all wait in their cars for her to come out to go somewhere or to ambush the machines when they see them. They wait for 3 minutes, and they all see a woman coming out of a door, and get on her motorbike. She looks around, and the heroes stay down in case she saw them. Then, she rides off. Kyle and Sora look at her face as she rides by. She has the exact same face from the picture that Kyle had. 

Riku: There she is. 

Donald: Looks like we got here first before they did. 

Sora: Kyle, follow her, but keep the lights off. We can't let her know we're following her. 

Kyle nods, and starts the engine as Sarah rides out of the parking garage. Both car drive out of the parking spaces, and drive out of the parking garage too. Back at the police station, Ed, Vukovich, and the female detective leave an office room to go to Ed's office. Vukovich looks ahead, and sees news reporters. 

Vukovich: Oh, shoot. 

Newsman: Lieutenant! 

They all walk to them as they take pictures and record them. Vukovich opens the door as Ed looks at the Newsman.

Newsman: Lieutenant, are you aware that these two killings occurred in the same order as their listings in the phone book?

Ed: Now, what can I tell you guys? No comment.